I want to purchase a new food processor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corey123 said:
I probably would have gotten that one if I didn't have the K'Aid KFPF850PM, but I bought it in July before this one was introduced, and I like my FP anyway, so I'm quite happy with it and I'm not letting it go.

Hi Corey, yeah, I know what you mean about your KitchenAid...I have the exact same one...the Pro model...great machine and glad you're enjoying it. The magimix 4200xl was a complete impulse buy for me. Looking at the KitchenAid website (and my manual) for the 850 and the Magimix website for the 4200, they both draw 950W. Since they are both direct drive, that should translate into a good estimate of how powerful their motors are. I think I paid a lot more for my KitchenAid though. The new 5200 series packs 1100W. Take care!

Corey123 said:
Oops, I forgot to mention that the Magimix has something that I honestly DON'T LIKE!

And that is, that the feed tube is way too small and narrow. And I don't like that at all. I hate it!! My K'Aid KFPF850PM DOES have a wide-mouth - said to be the widest one in the industry, so it wins again!

Hey Corey...sorry...just wanted to point out that the Magimix is available with the extra large feeding tube (just need to pick up an XL model in any series)....I was able to fit two whole potatoes (granted, they weren't giant potatoes) and some leeks in the remaining space last night for slicing to make a gratin. The shape of the XL feed tube on the Magimix seems to be a slightly more useful shape to me than the KA850 that we both love.
All the best,
Nico

You mean that you have the Magimix also?

With one exception;

The K'Aid machine's motor is actually 1,000 watts of power. K'Aid made a mistake when they posted the motor's power on their website. The true wattage of the motor IS 1,000.

Cooking.com (where I got mine) and other websites rate the machine at 1,000 watts.

And yes, welcome to the wonderful world of the K'Aid Pro, and my congrats go out to you on making the ultimate choice!! Happy cooking!

Well, I guess they beat our K'Aid machines and came out with a 1,100-watt motor in the Magimix 5200.

But still, I love the K'Aid Pro, and I wouldn't trade it off for anything else!!

Last edited:
Surely kitchenaid can change the info on their website - and another thing - STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! LOL This is not a debate or a who has the best match. There are PM's to be read for some. Check them. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom