New Rival Crock Pot Always Boils!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! I don't feel alone anymore! :) LOL Guess I made the wrong choice by buying a Rival Smart Pot obviously. That won't happen again. Thanks for everyone's feedback!

You're welcome!!

I DID actually get a newer Rival Crock Pot last year - the BBQ Pit. But I think I lucked out because it hasn't given me any problems and has done well by me also!!

I've done a lot of reading on the Smart Pots and the reviews that I was hearing weren't positive. I'd checked e-opinions.com and amazon.com for the item and also done a search for reviews through google.com; located a few of them that way. I do recall however coming across a section on about.com with a review stating that it has been tested and was quite good at what it can do.

However, in my personal experience, if you get that many responses regarding something and they're negative usually it's something to avoid or send back if possible.

I recall reading in a few different places there are different factors in the mix as well. For example, it depends upon how you cook with them, how they come out of the mold (sometimes there can be a flaw that isn't noticed - it happens with machines; they're not human) and sometimes it can be an issue with how it is made electronically (not well made in that respect with quality parts)

I've been reading on this issue for the past oh, four or five days maybe? I'm planning on purchasing one for us for a swarm of reasons, one being it will just make my life 10x's easier all the way around. I'm doing a little bit of searching for a better price on the one that I want but seems as though it keeps going back to this one place here in town which is no biggie.

Anyway. All I can really suggest regarding cookware or whatever the case is do your homework and check on reviews before making a purchase - it pays off in the long run - cash, headache, and sleep loss wise.

Sue

Need to Test my Rival CP

I just discovered this string on CP complaints and now am curious if my 5-yr old Rival CP is dysfunctional. Unfortunately, I've only used it once or twice and don't recall having any problems with it. Time to dust it off and test it again. Will keep you posted. ;)

Have you tried watching it? A watched pot NEVER boils!

My new Krups rice cooker/steamer/slow cooker has a slow cook function, but I have never experimented with it. I have a REAL crockpot with a removable crock, but I haven't used it in so long, I probably wouldn't recognize it if someone took it out of the cupboard and left it on the kitchen counter.

Last edited:
As someone said a few pages back, and I agreed, the purpose of having one of these is to eliminate having to babysit with the thing while it cooks the food.

If these new units don't live up to their claims, then why bother with them?

Back
Top Bottom