Ninja!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
One of my favorite crocks went.It had a good run 10 years.

Bought this one last night.I've never owned one like this before.I'm just looking at it as something new, easier.Potential for many creative meals and desserts.Steam Infusion? Better read up on that method a little more.New to me.See? The adventure is starting already.

I didn't buy it from Amazon.Ebay had a better deal $80.00 free shipping.It's already been shipped. Should be here Thursday.Too bad I won't be.:LOL:

Amazon.com: Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System (MC701): Slow Cookers: Home & Kitchen

Looks fancy. Most of the crock pots I see at stores are the rudimentary kind with just basic controls.

That's what my old one was.Nothing fancy.
I had been suspecting it was going for a while.I tend to side with the when in doubt, toss it out.Good thing I did.When it went the only thing in it was pinto beans and not a roast.No meat was ever put in it while under suspicion.:ermm::LOL: Bad Boy!

I've had extremely good luck with counter top appliances.It seems if I don't pay more than 80.They have yet to die.They are true to how real people use the product.Very durable,solid.15Lbs.It's not going to slide anywhere.

Last night it did occur to me that when my kitchen is shut down while it's being painted this unit will probably be the only thing I'll be using to cook with.Subliminal planning ahead here on my part? That's a little freaky if it turns out to be true.

Do you think it will be able to deep fry?Looks to me it's a slight chance of a possibility.Like snow on August?..LOL!

Some days I want to be bad.Give me that fried chicken.Like yesterday!:LOL:
Who wants to eat healthy everyday?That's unnatural.

Last edited:
It's here already.Now that's service.That box is big.
Going to have a smoke before I open it up.:ohmy:

WOW! I'm impressed already just handling it alone.
The handles aren't what I had expected them to be.They are made from a much more durable plastic than the usual crock pots are made with.

Tested the stove top on high.The instant read thermometer read 450.
The set oven temp. You just turn the dial.
The knobs are not at all cheap.As you turn it you can feel that it's catching on the right setting you've selected.It clicks as you turn.

Going to saute some onions.Were having tri tip sammiches in that bad boy tonight.It will be seared before it's cooked.

The rule book that came with it says #20 DO NOT use this appliance for deep frying.
Probably because the wired basket is narrow and doesn't have the safety handles that deep fryers do.We have ways around that!:LOL:

Time to get dinner going.
Here she is.Mizzz Ninja 2015. Hot head red.:ohmy::D

O07wXrU.jpg

I have that same cooker in charcoal gray, I like it a lot. Mine came with a beautiful cookbook. I've made both the roasted chicken and pot roast and they have both been great. You have to brown the skin of the chicken first using the cooktop function, but then you "steam bake" the chicken. The chicken comes out very nice.

I love that I can brown the meat before slow cooking. I also like that I can quickly make a sauce at the end by using the stovetop function.

It doesn't get quite as hot a stove for searing, but if you putin the meat and let it go without disturbing it much, it'll brown nicely.

I have that same cooker in charcoal gray, I like it a lot. Mine came with a beautiful cookbook. I've made both the roasted chicken and pot roast and they have both been great. You have to brown the skin of the chicken first using the cooktop function, but then you "steam bake" the chicken. The chicken comes out very nice.

I love that I can brown the meat before slow cooking. I also like that I can quickly make a sauce at the end by using the stovetop function.

It doesn't get quite as hot a stove for searing, but if you putin the meat and let it go without disturbing it much, it'll brown nicely.

Bakechef,
You had one and never said a word? Awe! Keeping secrets here are we?:ermm:

This Ninja is awesome.The tri tip I made in it was great.Not at all dry.
I thought it did a pretty good job with searing.Nothing better than a one pot wonder.

Mine didn't come with the cook book.Just the manual,basket,and small pan.That's not a problem.I'll just adapt my recipes.Or quit.:LOL:

I want to try making a pan of peach cobbler in it.Does the pan sit directly into the unit.I like the top crust made with oatmeal, with a slight crunch to it. Is that possible.Or does it have to be on the rack steamed?Steamed sounds a bit gross.
What do I know.It's a new toy.

My husband saw it.He's not one to cook or really be interested in an appliance like this.He was telling me what he wants to try making in it.He really liked it.Well, go figure. :blink:

I'm not judgin':chef:

Bakechef,

My husband saw it.He's not one to cook or really be interested in an appliance like this.He was telling me what he wants to try making in it.He really liked it.Well, go figure. :blink:

And you never asked us here if anyone had one. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised your husband wants to use it. It's got such great gadget appeal.

And you never asked us here if anyone had one. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised your husband wants to use it. It's got such great gadget appeal.

I just found out about them myself...I'm so ashamed.:ohmy:

He surprised me to.My original post said he's not one to cook.
He can make tater tots.LOL!

Bakechef,

This Ninja is awesome.The tri tip I made in it was great.Not at all dry.
I thought it did a pretty good job with searing.Nothing better than a one pot wonder.

Mine didn't come with the cook book.Just the manual,basket,and small pan.That's not a problem.I'll just adapt my recipes.Or quit.:LOL:

I want to try making a pan of peach cobbler in it.Does the pan sit directly into the unit.I like the top crust made with oatmeal, with a slight crunch to it. Is that possible.Or does it have to be on the rack steamed?Steamed sounds a bit gross.
What do I know.It's a new toy.

I think that I may have mentioned it before.

Most of the recipes in the book call for steam baking. There is a cobbler type recipe called "impossible French apple pie" that says to place the roasting rack in the cooker with the pan on top of that and cook for about 55 minutes at 400 degrees.

This is the book that came with mine.

IMG_20150603_202700956.jpg

Last edited:
BC,

I've got to tell you something.The Ninja has been great.Especially with it being summer time.

So, here we go.I can't believe this actually happened but it's true.
Those that don't have one.Grab a cup of coffee because this one is a doozy.
Classic Munky move.LOL.:stuart:

My family has been forever traumatized and put off from ever wanting another one of my meatloaves ever again!

I had been wanting a meatloaf.So I thought fine.Use the Ninja.
Like an idiot I used a recipe for one off a Campbells Tomato soup can.
Followed the Ninja cooking suggestions. Like a fool!:ohmy:

Well, it cooked fine.I guess..Until it came time to get it off that rack and for everyone to do the taste test.
It stuck to the rack even though I did spray it first.
The guys looked at it like it was some alien creature.It did look weird.

So they tasted it.I've never seen those two scrape their plates into the disposal so fast in my life.So I tried it.They found out Mom can out move them.It was disgusting.

Now on to hubby's reaction.He told me it tasted ok.That he was sorry but he just couldn't eat it.His met the disposal to.

The dogs went nuts for it.It was the best thing to them that I've ever made.Well they should have thought that.

What it actually turned out to be was a steamed meatloaf.

Hubby actually said "It looked like canned dog food.No wonder they liked it.Now if you can just put it in a can we'd be rich!":ROFLMAO::ermm:

The small joys in my life...LOL!

Pork Steak

I've been trying various ways of cooking these in a crock pot.
Nothing had yet really turned out they way I would have preferred to have it.

We were into some unusual weather ( for around here yesterday)
Had 6 think pork steaks in the freezer that needed to be cooked.
This recipe can be adapted.Instead of powdered spices.Fresh would do just fine.

I took the easy road.A little unconventional way of doing it.Don't you hate trying to get a fork tender pork steak out of the crock, just as you think it might stay intact it falls apart?

Using the ninja (because it's fun and has turned out to be very practical here with everyone's different schedules)

*Pork Steaks*
*1/2 Lb.Precooked bacon crumbled and set aside*

I used 6 steaks.Cut up into cubes.Add it to the Ninja with at least 2 Tbs of bacon grease.
Sprinkled on the following spices.
Onion powder.Garlic powder.Fresh ground Black pepper.Paprika
2 Bay leaves added last.
2 tablespoons Chicken Bouillon, to 3 cups of water.More water will be needed as it cooks
A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Corn starch/water for thickener.Last.

Mix the cubes, spices together.Give them a nice sear on stove top medium setting.Lid off.Add the bouillon water and Worcestershire and bay leaves.
Let it simmer keeping an eye on the water level.Add more if needed
It's going to cook quicker than the crock pot method.

When the pork is fork tender.Add the slurry.Thicken as you like it.
We had ours over rice.Topped with the chopped bacon bits.

It was a hit.TNT.Finally :pig:

I really gotta have oven baked meat loaf with a crispy top! I've enjoyed roasted ( steamed) whole chicken out of the cookbook, it was quite tasty.

I really like my ninja cooker if something happened to it, I'd buy another one on an instant!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom