Anybody else have a bookshelf in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am currently finishing renovating my butler's pantry and have 2 book shelves ready to put in. I can't wait because right now, my cookbooks are scattered everywhere!

I do but I have ceramic chickens sitting in on the shelves :LOL: My cookbooks are in the living room bookshelves and in the sunroom floor to ceiling bookcase.

I used to but decided some time ago that the space was more valuable for "real" kitchen items. The cookbooks now sit in the bookshelf on the other side of the wall in the lounge room. Only a step or more to get and much better placed.

Nope. Just stacks of cookbooks everywhere. They're like birds. I'll put them all back in the den, but they always migrate back to the kitchen:)

my old house had bookshelves for storage and cookbooks. My new house has a much more open kitchen with no open shelves, but the den is right next to it and has the wall of cookbooks etc I like to go there for "research" to get my ideas together then into the kitchen to do the work. Books get less mucked up that way too!

I have two pretty large shelves in the kitchen dedicated mostly to cookbooks. I may need to find a new home for the gardening books soon :)

I have huge stainless wraparound shelving which is devoted about 75% to cookbooks and then another bookshelf full.

I have too many other books to put them somewhere else. Plus I like my cookbooks in the kitchen.

If I was building a house and could design my kitchen then I would have bookshelves and a desk with a place for a TV and computer ...

But, since my kitchen is limited in cooking space - I store and read my cookbooks in just about every other room.

Our kitchen is really pathetic when it comes to storing anything, so I have to "make do."

I've built rows and rows of shelves in the adjacent breakfast room, which is where all my cookbooks live. I probably have 65 to 90 feet of shelves that are overflowing. Well, my collection is somewhere in the 1,000+ area, so that's a lot of cookbooks.

I love my cookbooks and I can find any recipe in them simply by remembering the size/color/print on the spine. Many of them are good, old friends.

My cooking reference books are on a bookcase in my office upstairs.

I thought seriously about this, but there just isn't any room for one in there.

And now with the much-antisipated and anxiously-planned arrival of Deuce, I have to make sure that he has room just in case he wants to hang out in there, especially when I'm cooking.

Last edited:
Ut-oh... here comes an intervention! LOL.
Yup, they all fit into a single bread box. I only have a few on hand. If I had my way I would have tons, most starting with techniques and styles, but I simply have no place to put them!

Back
Top Bottom