ISO Recipe Software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmt8

Assistant Cook
I used to have a DOS recipe software and used it on my sister's & my first computer that was a DOS-based. I bought 'Meal-Master' which is only a DOS program and used it then and liked it. I never did used it on our next computer which is Windows...always used the dino (first computer) for getting my recipes from. Well, our dino isn't hooked up anymore. I had trouble with 'Meal-Master on our new computer and so, I deleted it. I want a Windows recipe software...we have Windows XP. Does anybody have a recipe software? Do you like it? What recipe software do you recommend I try? My sister said she'll get me a software for Christmas if I'd find out which one I want. Any help would be appreciated.

Darlene

Chocolatchef gave us a link Regi Deans Cooking Software which is Freeware.

This program, in my opinion is so good I think everybody who needs software like this should know about it. Not have it tucked away in the depths of another thread.

It is so easy to use. Previously all my recipes were just saved as wordpad files, as I got sick of trying to retype all my recipes into the other commercial programs.

This one allows me to copy and paste my old Word recipes and also type in new stuff very easily. The ingredients have to be typed in or pasted one by one, not too much of a prob.
I never thought I would use one of these progs again.

Try EGS Calcmenu 2004

:chef: Hi to Everyone!

You may EGS CALCMENU 2004. Actually, it is not just recipe management software but it also merchandise or ingredient and menu management/ engineering software. What I like most about this software is its capabilities to do automatic food costing and re-sizing. You can also manage your shopping list, nutrient analysis and HACCP.

We have been using it for almost a year and its doing wonders to our food service management. They also have this 24-hours support. You will be assisted through there online support which you can access through their website at www.calcmenu.com , phone call or via e-mail.

They have this online demo going on, you can go to www.eg-software.com/demo/ and register to try it. I suggest that you should try it because it is free. There is nothing to loose.

Kind regards,

Chef

I have used Living Cookbook for years. They just released a new version that I like even better. The nutrition calculation is a no-brainer now.

I have used AccuChef, but then I found BigOven and like both. Big Oven allows you to make a grocery list from the recipes you choose, make menus that include the grocery list, nutrient values (I don't use, but should), and several features I really like. The grocery list puts all produce together, canned goods, etc. so makes shopping a zip - love that feature. Betty

I use Diet Pro, which is an extension of Living Cookbook that includes a diet log. I would recommend one of the two. They are very good. I think Living Cookbook is only about $30 too =)

I have been using MasterCook on Windows XP for years and love it, though it does take some thought to learn to use it properly.

I just went through this same thing. I have Vista so some of the programs did not work for me. After trying Big Oven, Cook'n, Now You're Cooking and Shop N Menu I have purchased Living Cookbook 2008. Out of all of the programs that I tried, LC2008 has more of the things that I wanted. It also has a great support forum monitored by the developer. It is fairly easy to use and has the best way to copy and paste new recipes. You are able to do any recipe with C & P the with just a few clicks (and no typing) you are able to format the recipe with the capture feature. I am a little funny about wanting all of my recipes looking alike and hate to type in everything.

They also have a link to tons of Master Cook & Meal Master recipe collections that are very easy to import. I just imported 2317 pie recipes today.

The program uses a cookbook format and you are able to make chapters and sub chapters. You can also assign types (categories) to the recipes so they will sort real fast.

Recipe Software

I agree that the living cookbook is probably the best there is. I have been using it for years and it gives a lot of control over meals as well as storing your recipes

Tasha:chef:

Back
Top Bottom