Are kitchen towels made of asbestos or somethin?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane1415 said:
I was refering to the ones pulled out of the oven

Yes, I know.

Those dishes, I believe, are already cooked before the shows begin because there is no way possible for a roast, casserole or other dish that takes a while, to be started & done during the shows' air time. Even if the product was put in the oven at the beginning of a show.

When Emeril does a dessert such as a pie or something, he usually has one already done down under the counter in front of him.

As a dish is started, it is taken through several already pre-prepped stages all the wall to the finished product.

The hosts of those cooking shows merely show you the different stages of the prepping of the dish.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
The average shooting day for 30 - 60 minute multi-camera show, is about 12 hours. Lighting, blocking and other set up is done in the 3-4 days prior to the shoot if anything "On Set" has changed, including guest.

Shows like Molto Mario, likely take less time.

While the dishes may not be 250-450 degrees when brought from the oven, there is a good chance they may be 100-200 degees, having been warmed before serving.

Ever watch The X-Files?

On average, the cast and film crew worked 70+ hours to film each 1 hour episode. And a rigging crew worked another 40-60 hours setting up for them.

Not the same thing, the point being what you see is but a fraction of what was filmed.

Anthony

Giada Delaurentis who hosts the cooking show Everyday Italian, takes stuff out of the oven piping hot because I've seen it bubbling when she removes the dish from the oven - mainly lasagna.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom