"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Crockpot Liners

Have any of you tried those plastic Crockpot liners? If so, what do you think? Does the food taste funny?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Does the food taste funny?

I'm curious to that as well. Although I have never purchased the liners myself. Honestly, I haven't have a problem with stuck on food in my crockpot.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodstorm
Have any of you tried those plastic Crockpot liners? If so, what do you think? Does the food taste funny?
I have a very large crockpot and a very old one, which means the liner is not removable. I don't necessarily have a problem with food sticking to the crock but, because it's so large, it's a little difficult to clean.

I have used the liners and find them more than satisfactory. The food does not taste any different than it does when no liner is used. In fact, I used one when I made my corned beef for St. Patrick's Day.

I found the liner quite convenient actually. After I cooked the meat, I lifted it out of the crockpot with a large fork and, then, waited for the juices to cool enough for me to handle the liner. Once at that temp, I simply lifted the whole shebang out and poured it easily into another container. There was NO liquid, nothing left in my crockpot.

The crockpot seemed to have a tighter seal during cooking with the liner, too. Worked a bit like a gasket.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
I have a very large crockpot and a very old one, which means the liner is not removable.
I have one just like that, too, Katie, and cleaning it isn't easy, even if the food isn't stuck on badly--it's just awkward. That's why I was considering the liners. Now I'm going to give them a try--thanks for posting!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I have stock in Alcoa, Reynolds Aluminium's parent company, so buy lots, use them often!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
Master Chef

I use them all the time and they are worth every penny. ( I know you can just soak the crock pot, but, when I think of all the water I have wasted, trying to get them clean). No more, just give me a bag.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

I just recently started to use them. I have not noticed any change of flavor. It was a real time saver for a Super Bowl Party (melted cheese dishes); I need to stock up on them. They are well worth it!