New idea for potato ricer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjcotton

Senior Cook
I was trying to squeeze dry frozen spinach and canned chicken yesterday. I finally hit on the idea of using my potato ricer...works like a champ!

Great idea!

I got my ricer at a yard sale for 25 cents. A good quality old one.

Lee

EXCELLENT Idea Thank You!!!!!
I use a lot of frozen spinach, and stand over the sink ringing my hands & ringing my hands trying to get all the water out...
How come I have never got the "Clue" my ricer would be perfect?
img_297786_0_b5edbed6999d707a37b4df6559cb6b10.gif
LOL!

Thanks, I am free from wringing Spinach!!!!:cool:

I always have green kitchen towels after I cook spinach. Thanks BJ. I'm giving you some karma for that wonderful hint.:D

Hee, hee, I guess y'all just aren't as lazy as I am. I probably waste more energy trying to figure out an easier way than if I just went ahead and did it. My best ideas just pop into my head though.

Now I need an idea on how to separate that clump of spinach after I've squeezed it dry...anyone got an idea?

Beej, no kidding, I use my kitchen scissors to make small pieces:sorcerer: .

You can have 10# of spinach and after squeezing, it is a 3x4 chunk. I just get out the scissors and snip snip snip.

bjcotton said:
Hee, hee, I guess y'all just aren't as lazy as I am. I probably waste more energy trying to figure out an easier way than if I just went ahead and did it. My best ideas just pop into my head though.

Now I need an idea on how to separate that clump of spinach after I've squeezed it dry...anyone got an idea?

Throw it in the dryer .....tumble cycle :ROFLMAO:

Funny you should bring up the potato ricer as a frozen spinach squeezer outer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . A friend mentioned this to me about a couple of months ago and I've been doing that ever since. Great idea, wish I had thought of it a long time ago. Dries the spinach perfectly and I save the water for soup.

Now that's an idea Sizzlin'. :)

Corinne, if you have any second-hand stores, visit them, also Goodwill and Salvation Army. Those are the places you generally find things very inexpensively. I've found some very nice stuff there. In Portland, OR, I needed a bundt pan and found one without a scratch on it for $.99.

Hey Drama Queen, that's a good idea. I save all sorts of stuff, a little here, a little there and then make soup.

Last edited:
Perhaps we should start a thread on gadgets for alternative uses (not hurting anyone on this one either). I'm sure some things were invented for one purpose and actually may work better for another.

Back
Top Bottom