Nicer Dicer (Infomercial Product)...What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
I stumbled across the nicer dicer infomercial this morning. As many of you know, I LOVE and am addicted to kitchen gadgets. This one actually seems kind of cool and something I would use. Here's a link to the site, let me know what ya'll think. http://www.nicerdicer.com/

I'm going to see if I can wait and find a better deal. I really like the one that does the small dice.

Personally, I've purchased a few kitchen gadgets but after a few uses they end up at the bottom of one of my kitchen drawers. I love the feel of the chef knife in my hand. Its kind of theraputic to slice and dice for me.

As much as I hate to admit it at my age, I probably need lessons instead of more gadgets. I'm never happy with the gadgets I get.

I DID see this gizmo advertised on one of those infommercials.

Maybe I'll wait until it comes to one of the stores before I buy one.

~Corey123.

I'm also afraid that it will end up at the bottom of my already full kitchen drawer. I went and read customer reivews (on amazon) for this product. Got pretty bad ratings, but I found a competitor that's cheaper and got decent ratings. Alligator cutter. I might try this. Not sure how much I would honestly use it.:) I like to chop/dice too, but sometimes it seems to take so long.

I know what you mean, htc!

I'd much rather use the old trusty French knife, since it helps me stay in touch with my knife skills. Not that I lost them at all, but since I've been going to Culinary Arts class it helps.

But this WOULD be something nice to have at home to get me out of the kitchen fast! Like I don't have enough kitchen gadgets already.

~Corey123.

Like most kitchen gadgets that I see on tv... I doubt that it would work as good as they say it does.

One of the things I LOVE about cooking is using my knives. While I love gadgets, this would not be the one for me.

Yeah, most of them usually DON'T work as promised to the consumer.

And BTW, both my Cuisinart and Robot Coupe food processors can do the job that this gizmo can.

I know Mudbug!:LOL: I'm usually really good about keeping it in check. I STILL haven't gotten my crock pot BBQ I've been wanting for MONTHS now. That was also an infomercial one. I thought that I would have gotten it for an anniversary, but DH gave a me a silly gift certificate from some clothes store. :mad: Sounds harsh, I know, but I know it'll take me forever to force myself to go clothes shopping. :)

Did you order the Rival Crock Pot BBQ Pit Slow Cooker?

I got it from Target in October! I physically went to the store and got it myself to avoid any hassles with UPS. I hate being stuck home all day, waiting for something to be delivered, then end up missing it after going through all that!!

I hope that you get it, because it is one thing I like!! You can do ribs, chicken quarters or even whole chickens and roasts in it!

I love it!!

Corey123.

Last edited:
Hi htc, love infomercials.

And adore gizmos and gadgets.

Why? I have no idea.

But try to resist them as hard as I can.

Have known some people who were professional chefs as friends and they basically arrive for work with their knife set, and that is it.

Ok, OK, there are things I would not live without, like a good mandoline.

But I doubt the true craftsmen of cooking, Careme and Escoffier, would have purchased a Nicer Dicer.

That is my rationale for not buying those things.

We have a few gizmos, OK perhaps more than that, that other people have given us, but we have almost never used them, at least more than twice, including some kinds of plastic stoves.

All I can suggest is ask yourself if this should, or will, wind up in a garage sale in a few years, almost unused, and if so, just don't buy it.

Maybe there should be twelve step Cooking Anonymous Gadgets meetings.

LOL

Agree heartily with GB, this would not be the one I would spend my hard earned cash on.

Now I have to get ready to resist the next item I see Ron Popeil selling.

Where did I put my mantra anyway?

A friend of mine is a pushover for gadgets and appliances. She bought a new rice cooker only to find she can't cook brown rice in it. I don't have one so don't know if they are adaptable for more than one kind or whatever.

auntdot said:
Hi htc, love infomercials.

And adore gizmos and gadgets.

Why? I have no idea.

But try to resist them as hard as I can.

Have known some people who were professional chefs as friends and they basically arrive for work with their knife set, and that is it.

Ok, OK, there are things I would not live without, like a good mandoline.

But I doubt the true craftsmen of cooking, Careme and Escoffier, would have purchased a Nicer Dicer.

That is my rationale for not buying those things.

We have a few gizmos, OK perhaps more than that, that other people have given us, but we have almost never used them, at least more than twice, including some kinds of plastic stoves.

All I can suggest is ask yourself if this should, or will, wind up in a garage sale in a few years, almost unused, and if so, just don't buy it.

Maybe there should be twelve step Cooking Anonymous Gadgets meetings.

LOL

Agree heartily with GB, this would not be the one I would spend my hard earned cash on.

Now I have to get ready to resist the next item I see Ron Popeil selling.

Where did I put my mantra anyway?

I know what you mean!!

I went into Filene's Downtown Crossing Boston store a dozen times and literally cleaned up even BEFORE they started their going-out-of-business sale, buying up practiacally EVERYTHING from utensils, to Emerilware Stainless Steel Pots to a brand new K'Aid Stand Mixer!!

Now, the store is practically down to the bare walls. Even the store's fixtures are up for grabs!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Corey, so you have the Pit??? I'm drooling!!:) Is it all you thought it would be? Do you like it?? How does chicken and ribs come out?? I still haven't gotten one. Still thinking about it.

Yes I do, and yes it is! I love it!!

The meat won't come out dry and crispy on the outside, as with outdoor grill cooking. It's moist, bust it's also tender and juicy because of the long slow cooking!

It breaks down & tames the tough fibers in meat, especially budget cuts of meat. It also accommdates large roasts and chickens up to 7lbs.! You can either slather the BBQ sauce on at the beginning of the cooking cycle, or you can wait until the meat is done and then put the sauce on the meat, which I prefer to do.

I like to marinate the meat overnight in the fridge with some dry rub, then cook it in the BBQ Pit the next morning. You can even set the unit up to start cooking before you go to work, come home to a tasty rib, chicken or roast dinner in the afternoon! Tasty and finger lickin' good!!!

If you get it, there's a recipe for Lip Snackin" BBQ Sauce, which makes you want to lick your fingers and smack your lips. Wow!! If you get it, let me know how it works out after you try it.

~Corey123.

I saw one of these at Kmart last year and thought about getting one but the price was a little steep. I'm hoping after all awhile they'll lower the prices and then I'll snag me one.

I sometimes watch the "in the middle of the night" infomercials (when I wake up and can't fall right back to sleep) so I'll know what people are talking about. Like the "Pasta Express" - I see problems with this one, too.

A "dice" is a cube. This might work as a "one stroke" wonder if you cut an onion in half (root to stem) and then put it in the gizmo. Okay, maybe might also work with a bell pepper (split in half first). But, if you think you're going to get a "one pass" dice of something like carrots, turnips, potatoes, etc ... I'm really curious as to how something that only cuts in one direction can perfectly cut in two directions at the same time in only one step!

I like gadgets also, but if they are practical. This thing, don't waste your money. A good sharp chef's knife can probably work faster and more efficiently than that thing.

Back
Top Bottom