Oxo Pepper Grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
I have 2 of these oxo pepper grinders and I don't have receipts for them.
Both work great BUT.

There is a metal button, at the bottom, where the pepper comes out. It covers a plastic button right inside where the pepper comes out. This metal button has come off in some food. This has only happened on one of them. Now I've tried to put it back on, but it still falls off sometimes. I'm worried someone will choke on it if I don't notice it falling off again.

Is there a trick to make it stay in place? Any advice?

In the picture, the button says 'oxo' on it.
31Ly%2B3Y1uML.jpg

Is it just for looks, or is it functional in some way (like is it used to adjust the size of the grind}?

If it's just cosmetic and leaving it off doesn't change the function of the grind, I'd say leave it off. Or there's always crazy glue.

Bucky, I think it is decorative.
Okay, I'll toss it.
Roadfix, If I jbwelded it or superglued it...I'm still concerned it might fall off, so I won't.
Thanks men, I appreciate the help.

lol, yes what would I do with two buttons?

I did go to their website and sent them a form filled out, asking if they have some remedy for it, a trick or tip, or any suggestion on the 'falling off button'. So we'll see, thank you for both the laughs and the suggestions.

I bought a Peugeot battery powered pepper mill about ten years ago at the Le Crueset outlet store. I absolutely love it. I get fresh ground pepper with a press from my thumb. It wasn't cheap -- about 60 bucks at the outlet store. But, it works great, and has held up well to frequent use.

CD

OXO is a GREAT COMPANY!

So I wrote:
I have the Oxo Pepper Grinder and I really like it. There is a metal 'button' that says 'oxo' on it, on the bottom of the grinder where the pepper comes out. This button has detached repeatedly. Is there a remedy or a trick to have it stay on the pepper grinder? I'm afraid it might fall off over someone's food and they may choke on it. Can you help me with this? *signed my name*

They wrote:
Dear *my name*

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with our product, and would like to waive the return requirement and will gladly send out a replacement, which you will receive via Fed Ex in about 10-12 business days. Please let me know if you have any further questions. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have a great day![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thoughtfully Yours,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Martha[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OXO Consumer Care Center [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm pretty sure I'll be buying more OXO products. This is so pleasant all I can do is smile!
[/FONT]

Okay, so then OXO follows up wanting to know if I'm pleased or not on Martha's response. Of course, I'm well OVER pleased! They wanted me to rate the response from Martha, so I gave her a 5 stars out of 5. They asked me if I wanted OXO to treat Martha to one of three things, a coffee, a lunch, or a product. I decided that lunch was probably the thing Martha would most like. A coffee for such a such a good employee would only caffeinate her. She probably has lots of OXO products. I thought a lunch would be best.

Okay, so then OXO follows up wanting to know if I'm pleased or not on Martha's response. Of course, I'm well OVER pleased! They wanted me to rate the response from Martha, so I gave her a 5 stars out of 5. They asked me if I wanted OXO to treat Martha to one of three things, a coffee, a lunch, or a product. I decided that lunch was probably the thing Martha would most like. A coffee for such a such a good employee would only caffeinate her. She probably has lots of OXO products. I thought a lunch would be best.

Wow, that's fantastic.

It's nice when a company provides such good service, especially when these are relatively inexpensive products. I had a very good experience with Thermoworks. Le Creuset, well, not so much. Very difficult to make contact with and get a response. They replaced a broken corkscrew (Activeball) with a less expensive model (pocket model). I guess they justified it with the fact that my receipt for the Activeball was for the same price as the pocket model now sells for. I would be hesitant to buy one of their high priced pots. On the other hand, I bought a few Thermopops for Christmas gifts (great thermometer for the price), and now have their refrigerator thermometers to monitor fridge and freezer temperatures.

I have a fair number of Oxo tools, as I've never been disappointed with their products.

I also have a few Oxo items, both in my kitchen and in my office. I like the way they design their bowls, utensils, tools, and whatever... very functional and pleasing to look at too.

That kind of public relations is priceless for a company. I've had the very same experiences lately.
Zulily is one and Fisher Price is another. They were Christmas gifts for my little Cheyenne that were not acceptable to me, and both of them credited my card with no return required. Like you Bliss, I was pleasantly surprised and gave glowing kudo's to the PR staff.
There's nothing better than word of mouth for company reputation.

Nice! I have a lot of OXO products -- just not the pepper grinder.

OXO is spending a few bucks to send you a new pepper grinder, and you just posted that on a large cooking forum. I wish more companies would make that connection.

Weber is another company that "get's it." Go to any cooking, grilling or BBQ forum, and you will find people praising Weber's customer service.

That's why people gladly pay more for OXO and Weber products.

CD

blissful, that is truly customer service that OXO provides. If I didn't like and buy their products already, I would do just that based on your testimonial.

I have had the same kind of customer support from Cuisinart. Their products are the first I start checking out when it's time for a new appliance.

A package arrived today. My new pepper grinder. What an awesome company that OXO is. Amazing. Thank you OXO.

Back
Top Bottom