Automatic Salt & Pepper Grinders/Mills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll slowly catch up, been in and out for a bit.
But YES, I just bought one thi s weekend.
Great while cooking and stirring, even better when you have arthritis.
My SIL would not be able to season her own plate without them since her stroke.

I'll slowly catch up, been in and out for a bit.
But YES, I just bought one thi s weekend.
Great while cooking and stirring, even better when you have arthritis.
My SIL would not be able to season her own plate without them since her stroke.
That's great that they work well for peeps who may have disabilities. When I first started the topic, that never even occurred to me how great they would be for people with limited mobility in their hands.

I too enjoyed the "flair" of grinding over the food - very chef-ie!
But for some, that too, gets old.
Finally got the batteries in and some black pepper in. (lots of batteries ((6x AAA's)) but, according to Bro & SIL they last a fairly long time.
So my arthritic hand(s) will be getting a rest for a while. Besides which, the plastic will be easier to clean than the painted wood. Esthetically, I prefer the wood but... greasy hands while cooking, grabbing the wooden pillar to grind... enuf said...

Ours are rechargeable via a USB plug. However, the grinders did not come with a USB to two prong plug converter. Luckily, I had an unused converter plug from an iPhone that worked.

Ours are rechargeable via a USB plug. However, the grinders did not come with a USB to two prong plug converter. Luckily, I had an unused converter plug from an iPhone that worked.
Yeah, we are all learning to save those as more and more things recharge with USB. I can also use my power pack, backup device. I seem to have quite a few USB to USB B and USB to USB C cables that will plug into the power pack. Those have all become "precious" now.

got mine ($20. Cdn) at a chain store called Stokes or Think Kitchen. Don't know if they are in the States but perhaps there are similar kitchen goodies type stores.
I didn't look for rechargeable. Just got the cheapest battery one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom