Automatic Salt & Pepper Grinders/Mills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda0818

Head Chef
Does anyone here use them? And what do you think?

I've thought about maybe buying a set but, it seems to me, although they look nice and convenient, it would take away the 'fun' of grinding up your own salt & pepper. That's part of the fun of cooking, in my opinion. I like twisting my own mills (or even just shaking shakers is a goofy little thing I enjoy). But still wanted to see if these things have made a difference for anyone.

Friends of mine have them and they definitely are a talking point if people have never seen them before. A light comes on as well ;)
Me, I prefer the manual grinder

The one place that I've heard complaints about manual salt/pepper grinders is in the Pot Luck line. One has to set one's plate down to use most. I used to have a single-hand pepper grinder. Haven't seen it in some years...must have gotten broken. Sometimes, I wish I had the single-hand grinder again...when cooking.

While on my visit to see him, my nephew asked what I did with my old grinders. I asked whether he needed a grinder, and he said he didn't but highly recommended having one to grind Oreos over ice cream. :LOL:

While on my visit to see him, my nephew asked what I did with my old grinders. I asked whether he needed a grinder, and he said he didn't but highly recommended having one to grind Oreos over ice cream. :LOL:
Hmmmm....I like the "mini" oreos...and the "mini" Reese's!!! If you decide to use them as ice cream mix-ins, then I recommend quartering them.

1701733042593.png

1701733113598.png

Well dang, I would have never thought of that. :unsure:

Still, knowing me, I'd just put the cookies into a baggie and pound them with a heavy spoon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom