Thingy for stove top between pan and fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ave

Assistant Cook
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knows what to call the metal thing that you can buy that sits on top of the fire and inbetween the pan so you don't burn what's in the pan. It's a protective thing.... I had one for many years but have lost it in several moves. You sit your pan on it on top of the range and fire, and you can cook at a higher level without burning what you are cooking. It's great for milk and soups. I must have one!!

Thank you in advance for any help in this regard!!

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knows what to call the metal thing that you can buy that sits on top of the fire and inbetween the pan so you don't burn what's in the pan. It's a protective thing.... I had one for many years but have lost it in several moves. You sit your pan on it on top of the range and fire, and you can cook at a higher level without burning what you are cooking. It's great for milk and soups. I must have one!!

Thank you in advance for any help in this regard!!
A heat defuser? I have one that looks something like this but don't use it often.

Attachments

• heat_defuser.jpg
    heat_defuser.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited:
Hi Ave, and welcome to discuss cooking.

This is the heat diffuser I have used for years. As a matter of fact, I used it just today, underneath my enameled cast iron dutch oven. It's extra insurance that nothing will scorch on the bottom of any pot. I've used different diffusers but I think this is the best one by far.

Amazon.com: 8" HEAT MASTER FLAME TAMER: Kitchen & Dining

I have two that I use all the time. Mine are cast iron discs that are between 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. One is a small diameter for smaller burners and the other is larger. I can't remember where I got them, but I'm sure Mr. Google will be able to assist.

I have two that I use all the time. Mine are cast iron discs that are between 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. One is a small diameter for smaller burners and the other is larger. I can't remember where I got them, but I'm sure Mr. Google will be able to assist.
'

Those are the types of diffusers I am use to seeing. I had a few that would span two burners but was thicker than an 1/8-1/4.

Back
Top Bottom