Day in a life of a pot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
It was one of those beautiful sunny California days, one of those days that we rarely get her in the Midwest. We were visiting the parents and happened to be grocery shopping. Newly married and even more newly first time home owners we spotted a stock of non-stick pots for ridiculously low price, all you had to do was spend certain amount of money on grocery and 7 quart pot (for example) will be yours for meager $7 bucks. “7 bucks, it’s 3 times cheaper than any pot of the worst quality I have ever seen” - I said. Being a proud owner of a house with a vast quantity of cabinet space 18 shelves versus 7 shelves (shelves not cabinets) that we used to have in the apartment, I felt like we have to stock up on utensils now. So we stock up on groceries for the next three, maybe four month (after all we were not spending our money, and people always need groceries, right), just to make sure we spent enough to get those pots for cheap. We had brought home quite a few pots, don’t exactly remember how many. Of course, we had no space for all of them in the kitchen, and couple of them ended up in the garage. We finally got a chance to unpack it about 5 years ago in our new house. One of them was a 7 quart 12” pot. That I like, well, I should say used to like to use when making onion soup. Finally couple weeks ago, my wife threw the darn thing away as the non-stick finish was pilling so badly that whatever you cooked it looked as if food was sprinkled wit black pepper pretty liberally. 5 years is still good for a $7 dollar pot. So don’t be so afraid of cheap pots. Why am telling you all of this?

Oh, yeah, I remember now I was going to brag. :chef: So of I go, Macy’s is having Columbus Day sale, 50% off, plus another 10% if using Macy’s credit card. And the final damage is $110.00 I replaced one pot with 4 new ones. I got a set of “Tools of trade” -- 3 stainless steal pots; 3, 4 and 7 quarts, and one “Circulon” non-stick – 5.5 quarts pot. Wow! All of this for 110 bucks consider it cheap. Wait a minute it cost me 7 bucks before, oy, I think I should be crying not bragging. :(

Back
Top Bottom