Le Creuset cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevie

Cook
Last weekend I cooked a meal that really caramelized more than I expected it would in my french oven. It never got over medium heat and I let the pan cool then soaked it in the sink for about 30 minutes before using a wooden spatula to scrape it off under water. Would it have worked to leave the pan on the stove and bring water to a boil to dissolve it instead?

Someone slap me if I'm wrong, but I think that it's still better to deglaze a pot on the stove even if you aren't making a sauce from the drippings. Is that right, or am I all wet as usual... ?? :LOL:

Like RP said, the best way is to clean the bottom is to deglaze it. If the dish does not call for it, I just put the pan in the sink with hot water and dish soap, let it sit and it comes off without even using an abrasive scrubber.

Also, put some water in the dirty pot and boil it for a few minutes. Let it cool and it will clean up fine. I have also had success using Barkeepers Friend for stubborn stains.

Thanks for your response. I did end up using Bar Keepers friend and it worked great. Next time I'll boil it then.

Back
Top Bottom