Question - What pressure cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

method

Assistant Cook
I am in the process of purchasing a pressure cooker - I have decided between one of the two below:

TEFAL Clipso Control Plus - 8L Pressure Cooker
All-American 10-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner

I lean towards the All-American cooker as it doesn't have any seals, it's metal - metal. I believe the TEFAL will have seals which need to be replaced (although I can't find any info on its seals)

Would anyone recommend one of the two?

Thanks,
Paul.

One of my pressure canners is the All-American 925, 25qt. canner (and I guess you could cook in it, too... for an army of people). I LOVE IT! I do most of my pressure cooking in a smaller Presto pressure cooker (that is also labeled as a canner, which is poor advertising). I follow the sage advice of the USDA and I don't pressure can anything with a canner/cooker smaller than 16 quarts. I highly recommend the All-American, but I would only cook in it and not ever can in it.

One of my pressure canners is the All-American 925, 25qt. canner (and I guess you could cook in it, too... for an army of people). I LOVE IT! I do most of my pressure cooking in a smaller Presto pressure cooker (that is also labeled as a canner, which is poor advertising). I follow the sage advice of the USDA and I don't pressure can anything with a canner/cooker smaller than 16 quarts. I highly recommend the All-American, but I would only cook in it and not ever can in it.

Thanks for the response, I've ordered the 10qt version as all I am doing is cooking with it, I hadn't even heard of canning before yesterday so I don't think i'll ever want to be doing that :)

Thanks again,

Paul.

Oh, you'll love it! It cuts down on cooking time sooooo much! Tough pieces of meat are fall-off-the-bone in 20 minutes of pressure cooking. Enjoy!

I now use a small pressure cooker for my individual needs, plus I have a Microwave 3-qt "TenderCook" pressure cooker, and they both are great for meals. Besides the speed of cooking, the sealed environment prevents vitamin loss so your food is more beneficial.

Checkout Fissler. These are good tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom