"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 04-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The Moen faucet I bought for my kitchen sink has a lifetime guarantee. I just call Moen and they mail me a replacement.
That's certainly one easy way to handle it.

OTH, if you bought a house that already had Moen faucet and didn't know it had a lifetime warranty and didn't have a receipt, it would be a nice surprise that the hardware store just handed you a new, replacement, Moen faucet. I would guess that most people with that experience would become fairly loyal customers of that hardware store.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #22
Executive Chef

OP. Good job. Now get out the mallet and correct it. Make it lay perfectly flat.
Mine is a bit raised in the center. I went a little further as i know it will eventually return to where it was.
It sure is easy isn't it!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
That's certainly one easy way to handle it.

OTH, if you bought a house that already had Moen faucet and didn't know it had a lifetime warranty and didn't have a receipt, it would be a nice surprise that the hardware store just handed you a new, replacement, Moen faucet. I would guess that most people with that experience would become fairly loyal customers of that hardware store.

It would be a nice surprise. Also, there's no wait. You can fix the problem today!
Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
OP. Good job. Now get out the mallet and correct it. Make it lay perfectly flat.
Mine is a bit raised in the center. I went a little further as i know it will eventually return to where it was.
If it is raised in the middle, wouldn't it work to put it on a hard surface, right side up, and pound the middle? With a hard, flat surface underneath, it shouldn't get "saggy bottomed" from the pounding.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Yes, it was much easier than I thought. It's not rocking, so it's good enough. If it droops again I'll repeat the process. It doesn't take long.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #26
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Exactly. If a store carries a product, it is implied that the store will honor the manufacturer's guarantee.
Not necessarily. In many cases it is clearly stated that the warranty will be respected by the manufacturer, not the store. In some cases the store will support it too, but that all depends on the policy of the individual retailer.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Why? tenspeed is happy with the results she got and she can live with it. I have to assume she doesn't want to push her luck. Perfection isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou View Post
I doubt that any retail store will give you a replacement after 15 years if you don't have a receipt for the purchase. The lifetime guarantee is from the manufacturer, not the point of purchase.
I had a Calphalon Everything pan and the non-stick coating started to flake off, starting at the edges. I took it to bed bugs and beyond and they gave me a new pan and, I assume, shipped the flaky pan back to Calphalon for a credit. I did not buy the pan there, I got it through Amazon, but they didn't even ask.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #29
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Why? tenspeed is happy with the results she got and she can live with it. I have to assume she doesn't want to push her luck. Perfection isn't all it is cracked up to be.
She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman! All of my wife's friends agree with me, and they wish their husbands shared my opinion.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman! All of my wife's friends agree with me, and they wish their husbands shared my opinion.
Uh oh!