Saggy bottom saute pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it is raised in the middle, wouldn't it work to put it on a hard surface, right side up, and pound the middle? With a hard, flat surface underneath, it shouldn't get "saggy bottomed" from the pounding.

Sure. My point was it will surely try to sag again and a little raise in the middle will not effect its use.

Yes, it was much easier than I thought. It's not rocking, so it's good enough. If it droops again I'll repeat the process. It doesn't take long.

Got it. Welcome to the forum.

Why? tenspeed is happy with the results she got and she can live with it. I have to assume she doesn't want to push her luck. Perfection isn't all it is cracked up to be. :angel:

Yea, but aspiring for perfection can lead to accomplishments.

She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman! All of my wife's friends agree with me, and they wish their husbands shared my opinion.:chef:

I too, do ALL the cooking in our house. My wife will occasionally make cookies or something like that. But in our home and in the home I grew up in, it was the father and husband that was the primary cook.
I watch many women working, washing clothes, cleaning the house and doing many other chores, just to have to cook dinner while their husband sits on their rear ends. Nope, not around here.
For the record, my wife cuts the grass.

My dad was a chef and my mom was a great cook. She did all the cooking at home except for the grilling. Dad never got involved in the kitchen.

I do all the cooking and some of the baking at home. SO takes care of the rest of the house and is perfectly capable of cooking great meals. Before she retired, she made a living managing others' households for them. That included cooking dinners for for the family.

My daughter and SIL both cook.

Cooking used to be considered "women's work" in the home. Fifty years ago, men who cooked had their masculinity questioned. Boy have times changed!

The point of all this is that it doesn't matter who's cooking. Whatever arrangement works for you is just fine.

For all of my adult life I've done everything in the kitchen. It's only for the last 7 years have I ever had any help in the kitchen, and the difference in my love of cooking is astounding. I now understand what I was missing all those years. The truth is that nobody should be sitting on their butts waiting to be served a meal. If your spouse doesn't cook, then they should be at least helping in some way. If you don't want anyone else underfoot, the least they can do is let you sit down when the meal is over and do the clean up.

My dad was a chef and my mom was a great cook. She did all the cooking at home except for the grilling. Dad never got involved in the kitchen.
I do all the cooking and some of the baking at home. SO takes care of the rest of the house and is perfectly capable of cooking great meals. Before she retired, she made a living managing others' households for them. That included cooking dinners for for the family.
My daughter and SIL both cook.
Cooking used to be considered "women's work" in the home. Fifty years ago, men who cooked had their masculinity questioned. Boy have times changed!
The point of all this is that it doesn't matter who's cooking. Whatever arrangement works for you is just fine.

I guess it could be a ethnic thing as my father was never chastised or looked down upon because he was a very good cook. In fact he was always being asked to do special dinners and always provided bar food at the local tavern.
So was his father.
In the Hispanic community, males cooking meals is the norm. At least it has been for me.

For all of my adult life I've done everything in the kitchen. It's only for the last 7 years have I ever had any help in the kitchen, and the difference in my love of cooking is astounding. I now understand what I was missing all those years. The truth is that nobody should be sitting on their butts waiting to be served a meal. If your spouse doesn't cook, then they should be at least helping in some way. If you don't want anyone else underfoot, the least they can do is let you sit down when the meal is over and do the clean up.

Well said Kayelle.
My comments regarding lazy ass men is something I see in both of my BIL's.
Both do absolutely nothing to help their wives, do nothing to help themselves and sit there waiting on the next feeding.
The only thing they like to do is argue politics and complain about the president. Funny how its these types that do the most complaining.
Okay, rant over.

I guess it could be a ethnic thing as my father was never chastised or looked down upon because he was a very good cook. In fact he was always being asked to do special dinners and always provided bar food at the local tavern.
So was his father.
In the Hispanic community, males cooking meals is the norm. At least it has been for me.

My dad couldn't boil water. His forte was taking a dish that my mother had cooked and plated for him and heating it in the microwave - even that was a bit of challenge for him. On the other hand, my grandfather is the one who taught my mother's mother how to cook after they were married. So there were men (not professionals) even back pre 1920 who learned to cook.

My first husband was a professional chef. A graduate of three culinary European schools. We had a hard and fast rule. Who ever was not in the kitchen could not complain or make any unpleasant remarks. Sit down and eat the meal. If it was good, then let the cook know. If not, keep your mouth shut. Neither one of us ever broke that rule. On occasion I would ask for his advice. But unless I asked, he never offered any. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom