Stainless steel cleaner (oxalic acid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is always residual effects from all cleaners even after rinsing them. Rinsing under running water or a sink full of rinse water is not enough, sometimes...

Interesting assumption. How did you conclude that? I thinkyou are completely off base.

If the scant residual amount of oxalic acid remaining on the inside of well rinsed cookware concerns you, you might want to consider cutting a lot of vegetables out of your diet, too.

Oxalic acid/100g food
Parsley (1.7 g)
Chives (1.48 g)
Purslane (1.31 g)
Cassava (1.26 g)
Amaranth (1.09 g)
Spinach (0.97 g)
Beet leaves (0.61 g)
Carrot (0.5 g)
Radish (0.48 g)
Collards (0.45 g)
Beans, snap (0.36 g)
Brussels sprouts (0.36 g)
Garlic (0.36 g)
Lettuce (0.33 g)
Watercress (0.31 g)
Sweet potato (0.24 g)
Chicory (0.21 g)
Turnip (0.21 g)
Broccoli (0.19 g)
Celery (0.19 g)
Eggplant (0.19 g)
Cauliflower (0.15 g)
Asparagus (0.13 g)
Endive (0.11 g)
Cabbage (0.1 g)
Okra (0.05 g)
Onion (0.05 g)
Pea (0.05 g)
Tomato (0.05 g)
Turnip greens (0.05 g)
Parsnip (0.04 g)
Pepper (0.04 g)
Rutabaga (0.03 g)
Cucumbers (0.02 g)
Kale (0.02 g)
Squash (0.02 g)
Coriander (0.01 g)

Whatever makes you all happy, I say munch away and enjoy. I'm outta here!!

Last edited:
Citric acid is what cleans stainless steel like none other.. I don't know if somehow you had some in your recipe but that's the only natural stainless cleaner I know of.

I love using my stainless steel fry pan. High heat is not recommended and may cause a mottled, rainbow-like "heat tint". This is natural to all stainless steel and is not harmful to foods cooked in the pan or to the pan's finish. Start with medium heat and reduce to a lower setting once the liquid is boiling or meats are seared. Also allow cookware and lids to cool before placing in water. This should help in not having to clean your pan with chemicals. The rhubarb sounds like a good idea to me. I will give it a try if needed!

Back
Top Bottom