I'm trying out a new knife case for work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob Babcock

Head Chef
Well, I bought this Victorinox case back before Xmas. My old Forschner Exec has served me well but I've been meaning to try out the other one. The main potential advantages to the Victorinox are 1) the removable tray has clips that hold the blades without the need for blade guards and 2) lots of room under the knife storage tray for gadgets, sharpeners, etc.

So far I like it pretty well. I haven't decided if I like it more than the old one, though. Some of the guys say it looks like a cordless drill box!:ROFLMAO:

The Plusses:

1) No blade guards needed.
2) Faster to get at any given knife (no need to unzip the bag & leaf thru the pages).
3) Easy to get at things in bottom.
4) Room for 10 knives in the clip tray.

The Minuses:

1) Not much for compartments under tray. Stuff will rattle if not packed tight.
2) Hard case feels a bit cheap compared to my nylon roll- will it survive a fall?
3) Stuff has to packed just-so to fit it all in.
4) Hard case isn't expandable at all. Stuff either fits or it don't!:LOL:

A few pictures of it, all loaded up:

victorinoxcaseloaded2hy2.jpg

victorinoxcaseloaded3px7.jpg

victorinoxcaseloaded4yf4.jpg

I have one of theese too - i think they're great, holds all my knives (more than i use to be honest) with room for all the equipment i need in the kitchen - tongs, scissors, steel, mandoline, peeler etc etc

Excellent buy for the price :cool:

Yeah, pretty cheap. It's actually cheaper now than when I bought mine. I love the concept, but I'd definately pay to get a heavier duty version. Have you ever seen a Pelican case? The things are practically bombproof! My Victorinox holds 10 knives, plenty for my current gig at a steakhouse, but if I was still at my last hotel job I'd probably need my bigger one or I'd have to carry two.

Still, so far I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom