"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Knives
Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Thanks! That is very helpful!

oldhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:29 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
Send a message via AIM to VM sales rep
Guys, trust me, the best bang for your buck is gonna be CutCo. No ifs ands or butts. Granted, everyone has knives that they adore, and I'm sure they do what they need to do and I'm sure they do it well. But if you want an investment, knives you're going to have for the rest of your life, knifes that have an infinite warranty on them, CutCo. is the place to go. They're the official tool of the Pillsbury bake-off, they've been featured on the food network, lifetime, cnnfn, cnbc, ****, even the price is right. If that doesn't sound convincing, ask someone who uses them, they're number one in North America for a reason.

VM sales rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #13
Head Chef
I have both Cutco and Wusthoff... no comparison.... Wustoff wins hands down.
RPCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:31 PM   #14
Assistant Cook
I am a retired meatcutter (40 + years) and love the Members Mark cutlery. If I had to break a side of beef I would pull out my scabbord and a 10" breaking knife, but the Members Mark knives work PERFECTLY for any home cutting you will do. Easy to sharpen (diamond steel and then regular steel) and stay amazingly sharp - good metal!
The Granton edge knife is one of my favorites. I'm still looking for a cleaver though. I taught retail meatcutting for 8 years (Cypress College, CA) and told my students about the story of a woman who asked the butcher to pound down some pork tenderloin with his cleaver. He said he didn't own one and as her eyes rolled, asked him "What kind of a butcher wouldn't have a cleaver?"
He suggested that she use a rolling pin, which caused her to lower her eyes and sheepishly admit that she didn't own one of them either.

Times change - and I still want my cleaver.

Would really like a Members Mark one.

Old Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
Assistant Cook
I was looking up some information on the Member's Mark Knives that I saw in sams club today, actually trying to see if anyone had any problems with them rusting, as that is the problem I'm having with my current brand of knives. I stopped when I saw the post from "VM_Rep" (Vector Marketing)

At that point, I had to join this forum to make a few comments about CutCo Cutlery. The knives themselves may be decent, but the entire company is a scam. It scams college students and their families.

Want proof?
Simply google "Vector Marketing Scam" or "Cutco scam"

Or better yet, let me do the work for you:

I normally don't talk badly about people or companies, but in this case, I felt compelled to spread truth around

PcChip is offline   Reply With Quote