My new MAN GAUGE has arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We started talking about 3'', and hot and hotter and now I think this has become the manly man thread for those over 40. :LOL:

Grey hair - Check. I've got a nice patch on my chest, some in my beard, and I'm seeing a few on my head.

Over 40 - Nope, just 35.

Grill by "feel" - I poke steaks with my finger to gauge doneness. I determine grilling temp by holding my hand over the grates. Check.

Other "manly" items - you should see the tongs I use for my grill.

OT other "manly items - I bought a 12' surf rod a couple weeks ago. Does that count?

It's a loooong fishing pole, typically used by shore fishermen to cast a loooong ways out, beyond the surf.

Yep, pacanis nailed it. Now, you ask, what is a land-locked landlubber like myself doing with all that fishing pole? I've been trying to catch some BIG catfish just below a dam about 20 miles from here. You need a BIG rod to get out into the middle of the river where the big ones are lurking, and to get past the range of most people that go fishing out there.

Yep, pacanis nailed it. Now, you ask, what is a land-locked landlubber like myself doing with all that fishing pole? I've been trying to catch some BIG catfish just below a dam about 20 miles from here. You need a BIG rod to get out into the middle of the river where the big ones are lurking, and to get past the range of most people that go fishing out there.

That's exactly what I was asking myself. I asked, Oklahoma has a surf? :huh:

Since I don't have a boat anymore, I was thinking of checking into some "manly tackle" ;) for the lake here. Maybe get out beyond the sheepheads. I never see anyone around here using surf tackle. Not sure why.... they all would rather crowd around a stream mouth shoulder to shoulder :wacko:

I was out fishing on saturday but only caught mutant mini blue gills, and a perch. I was hoping for a northern or a bass, but no luck. It's starting to get chilly here at night, I hope there are a few more warm days before winter is here.

Sometimes. :ermm:

Seriously though. The DW and I were talking about getting into fishing. I just don't want to catch fish I don't want to eat.

Throw back the fish you don't want to eat.
This past couple of years I've been collecting new to me (old) rods and reels from rummage sales to get started again. I think I have 5 now, one new one, and I got a really neat 1 piece fiberglass 7 foot rod (might be composite) and it has an inscription on it which I can't remember at the moment. I usually only use 3 at a time if the lake laws say I can. There's nothing like crappie filets in the spring. My son now has 2 new ones and 2 used ones, they work. Go fish, have fun, just don't fall out of the boat, oh, yeah, you need to get her a boat too. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom