Next Star on FoodNetwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Curious............did any of you awesome people send in a tape for a shot at this? I watched a few episodes last night for the first time.

I did not send anything in. I do think all the people on that show are not bad cooks.

And all organic food cooking show is not a bad idea, but they did not choose that person.

The challenges so far on that show have been good ones.

Loved the idea of trying to frost a cake with a potato peeler.

I do think the winner is going to need a couple weeks of practice time working with the camera and working on timing.

The winner only gets a 6 episode run on the Food TV network, Not much of a prize if you ask me.

I hope they give the winner some training time, it looks like they all need it.

kleenex said:
I hope they give the winner some training time, it looks like they all need it.

In all fairness, it seems that the producers are going out of their way to make things challenging for those who are, obviously, already nervous. I think that they'd all do well if they were 'supported' instead of presented with undue challenges. I also think that it doesn't take very long to get into a 'zone' once you get something of a routine going.

Personally, I'm cheering for Deborah... I think she has a very TV-friendly look and a nice personality. Some of them seem to be trying too hard to have an 'over-the-top' personality, which turns me off from the git-go.

060105_cover.jpg

Deborah Fewell

I think Deborah would do well in any nationwide show - I forgot about her - she's so polished...and did you see the goodie she made on her entrance video? YUM!
(but I still like the wacky guy)

I wish Food Network would just try and go back to the old days when it was more about teaching new ideas and techniques; when it was about inspiration. They lost me as a viewer (except for a select few shows) a long time ago. And I remember when I could watch that channel and all of their programs for hours at a time.

That's what happened when I tried to post a picture of Deborah, too... I needed to do a search for a different one...

yeah, but can he do the characters and voices like Mickey, all the while dressed in hideous polyester? Actually, I believe he could. Did you see where he sliced a red bell pepper and made it into "earrings.....or perhaps a brooch?"

Well this week they dumped two stars from the show. Hair boy and Fatso.

The Gay Duo is still alive.

kleenex said:
Well this week they dumped two stars from the show. Hair boy and Fatso.

Good. I, personally, didn't care for either of them. I guess our preferences in this are somewhat related to what shows we mentioned on another thread. I don't really like the kooky cook... personality is ONE thing but kooky is another... I can actually take Alton Brown for a while because, while a little kooky, he's also very informative.

Still cheering Deborah (but also liking Susanna more now, too).

Back
Top Bottom