Asian Grilled Turkey Cutlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Asian Grilled Turkey Cutlets

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry or sake (option: chicken broth)
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons bottled or fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon bottled or fresh minced garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
1 package Turkey Breast Cutlets
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)

In a shallow dish or plastic bag, combine soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and pepper flakes; mix well. Add cutlets; turn to coat. Cover dish or close bag securely; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.

Prepare barbecue grill. Drain cutlets reserving marinade. Grill over medium coals 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center.

Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Stir in green onions. Sprinkle cutlets with sesame seeds, if desired, and serve cooked marinade as a dipping sauce.

Thank you Sierra & Andy. I haven't tried it with rice vinegar, but it sure sounds yummy to me. :) I'd like to find, maybe an Asian slaw recipe to go with (if there is such a thing), or serve w a cucumber-y dill yogurt salad, rice & some Mandarin oranges. (Making myself hungry here.)

Last edited:
Mush:

Give this a try.

Thai Pickled Cucumbers

1 Seedless Cucumber
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 C Rice Vinegar
3 Tb Sugar
2 Shallots, sliced thin
1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced

Slice the cucumber thinly and toss with the salt. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. (Peeling the cuke is optional)

Separately combine the vinegar, sugar, shallots and jalapeno.

Drain the cucumber and pat dry with paper towels and toss with the vinegar mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Andy I only let my best friends call me Mush :LOL:

Thanks much, copy paste. That sounds perfect!

Mish/Mush

Andy, with all your great advice & recipes...you qualify. Smile. Wink. Thank you!

mish said:
Thank you Sierra & Andy. I haven't tried it with rice vinegar, but it sure sounds yummy to me. :) I'd like to find, maybe an Asian slaw recipe to go with (if there is such a thing), or serve w a cucumber-y dill yogurt salad, rice & some Mandarin oranges. (Making myself hungry here.)

mish, I hope that I did not confuse things. Rice wine and rice vinegar are two separate items. Rice wine also goes by the name of mirin. :)

SierraCook said:
mish, I hope that I did not confuse things. Rice wine and rice vinegar are two separate items. Rice wine also goes by the name of mirin. :)

The sake had me confused :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom