Help with Chicken Cordon Bleu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnr42

Assistant Cook
:chef: I'm looking for a tried and true recipe for chicken cordon bleu. I have a "friend" I'd really like to impress and this is his favorite. I know you guys can help. Thanks Tammy

I have only made it once and it wasn't anything that your friend would be impressed with. In fact if you want to lose a friend you can try the recipe I used if I can find it at the dumpster. :)

Am interested in finding a good recipe too, so will wait with baited breath for one of our "real" cooks to come along and hand out the ambrosia of cordon bleu recipes. :D

Chicken Cordon Bleu is pretty basic - pound out chicken breast (cut whole breasts in half) until fairly thin. Slather some Dijon mustard down tech middle of the breast (long ways); lay a piece of ham and a piece of Swiss cheese on chicken and begin to wrap like you would a burrito - rolling the long sides for a tad then folding the shorter sides in, then continue folding to the end. Use a toothpick if you have to but if you cook seam side down first you won't have a problem.

Salt and pepper your flour - just make sure it's enough salt and pepper - that's a common mistake.

Roll chicken in flour, dip in beaten egg, then roll in seasoned breadcrumbs.

You want to fry in something like peanut oil. Make sure the oil comes up about halfway on the chicken pieces (don't over crowd the pan or they will just be greasy instead of crispy). Each side should cook about 2 minutes - turn over and cook other side. Drain on paper towel before placing in oven.

Make sure oven is preheated to 350° and bake for 15 minutes to finish cooking inside of chicken.

That's really all there is too it.

Back
Top Bottom