Dateline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did anyone happen to see this show where the woman was on vacation in Mexico and ate a tape worm? For years the thing was in her and travelled to her brain where they performed surgery and she had to stay awake while they sawed her skull open. She said she could smell it burning. I don't know why I have to get involved in something like this? She is perfect ly okay now but doctor said from pork in taco. I went to Mexico on my honeymoon long time ago you think I got to worry? I worried about the water not the food. Gosh, imagine what those people who live there must go through? I thought pork was something you didn't have to worry about anymore. Now this made me paranoid about eating it. I was always told to cook pork fairly long. Now everybody eating it and cooking only till pink color is gone.

Pork raised in Mexico, cooked by 'who knows who' is a different story from US pork cooked by you. In order for the tape worm to survive, the pork had to be undercooked.

Different

AndyM you say I am not to worry? Does this upset you too? When it comes to food I try to do the best I know how and hearing this is the worst nightmare. Thanks for reassuring me. So sad this woman had to experience all of this.

Back
Top Bottom