What's for dinner Monday, March 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm having bland food tonite- tofu & veggies. a few of these veggie restaurants nearby may have something like that.

Tonight is leftover night. We have Chinese food leftover from last night and also some cabbage and potatoes with a little bit of corned beef mixed in. those two types of foods don't quite go together so one of us might have the Chinese and the other will have the cabbage. I am going to suggest we arm wrestle for it and she will suggest that whoever gets the Chinese changes the babys diaper for the rest of the night :)

I'm making the chicken empanadas I didn't make the other night with refried beans and mango slices.Ole

I just found out I have kidney stones, and havent been able to eat for days, so I am probably having ensure ( a liquid meal supplement), and hopefully getting some pain medication for these stones. All they said in the ER was to drink lots of water and take motrin, ya like that helped. I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs yesterday but that just didnt happen, no energy at all. Sorry to whine about myself!

Take care of yourself Amber.
And make them give you something for the pain!!!

amber said:
I just found out I have kidney stones, and havent been able to eat for days, so I am probably having ensure ( a liquid meal supplement), and hopefully getting some pain medication for these stones. All they said in the ER was to drink lots of water and take motrin, ya like that helped. I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs yesterday but that just didnt happen, no energy at all. Sorry to whine about myself!

OUCH!! My nephew has kidney stones!! They are very painful. I sympathize with you amber! The part he hates the most is when he is passing them.
Hope you get through yours without too much pain.

I don't know what we're having yet.

Oh Amber- I hope they do give you something a little stronger than Motrin for the pain!!!!I hope this will pass quickly for you-and will be just a bad memory real soon!!!

I guess I'll finish off the corned beef tonight and make hash. Corned beef hash and eggs sunny side up. Breakfast for dinner:chef:

OK leftovers have been put on hold. Mom is babysitting for us today and just called to let me know her evening plans have just been cancelled so she wanted to know if we wanted to go out to dinner with her and dad. There is a fish place 2 seconds from my house that we all love and they have half price meals on Mon and Tue so we are going there.

We're seeing the accountant tonight, so it'll probably just be something simple, like sandwiches when we get home.

John

We are having turkey tacos with all the fixings and guacamole.

Amber - I'm sorry to hear you have kidney stones - I hope you get some strong pain meds!!

amber said:
Good grief Amber, kidney stones hurt like blazes, you go ahead and whine. Wish I could come help you. don't see how you could even stay on your feet, let alone cook!! Take care and feel better.

kadesma:)

nothing.
schmoll2.gif

Frank still has his beef soup in my pasta pot so nothing to do the spaghettis in.
So.. nothing for dinner.

DH and I had lunch saturday at an old hotel..He had a crab louis salad and I had one of the lunch specialsMine was 3 seed bread, grilled then smeared with a basil aioli (couldn't really taste it) then topped with bacon,baby lettuce,that while pretty realy needed a dressing, tomato and avocado with fries along side. I only ate half of the lunch and dh finished it off after we did some shopping and I walked him miles:LOL: so, he dared me to make one as good or better..So, this is what I've done, I got 3 seed bread, have the bacon fried and on paper towels, sliced tomato. I have an assortment of baby greens and I'm going to dress them with seasoned rice vinegar and some walnut oil just before putting on sandwich, I also roasted some garlic and made some mayo and mixed that together to make an aioli..I'll grill the bread then assemble the sandwich..I threw together a small batch of potato salad and that is dinner...Wonder if it will be as good or not. :ROFLMAO: We shall see.Dessert, angel food cake with a coffee,whipped cream,mascarpone mix sprinkled with cocoa..
kadesma

Pork chops currently thawing on the counter, along with some nice foccacia bread and Stouffer's spinach souffle. So which sauce for the chops?

Apricot Mango Wasabi?
or
Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipotle?

I thought I'd do my first post here because I happen to be going "all out" for tonight since I'm on spring break. But anyways, I'll be making dinner for two consisting of:

fish (havn't gotten it yet) with butter, capers and broccolli sauce servered over whole wheat fetuccini. I think there is some wine left over from last night too :)

Back
Top Bottom