Jess passed 11th grade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandyj

Sous Chef
Loveys, life's been busy. I've missed being here more often, but work grabbed me so hard, and then family and then our youngest, Jessica Jane, beautiful 3rd daughter, had to be literally "frog marched" (******, look it up if you don't know whatr that means) to the end of 11th grade (ja, and, of course, I'm guilty for working out of the house and not with my beautiful child). Thanks be to God and to her older sisters, who helped all the way. My husband's younger brother - a beautiful young man, father of 3 - took his life 3 months ago. Me mum has been away looking after an ailing sister, my Auntie Sylvia, most of this year, but she's returning in August. What kept me (and, who knows? maybe my husband and girls) going and positive is our family meals. I come here every day for ideas and inspiration. My older two girls have been wonderful students - Roseanne - (19) made the dean's list at U of Delaware this last term of her freshman year (middle child syndrome, hardly any hoopla) when all focus was on our youngest who was going to fail 11th grade through being just plaing naughty an lazy!! Roseanne and older sister Caroline sat with their baby sister especially in the last two weeks and literally pulled her through. We got the report card in the mail today. What seemed almost certain failure was not. Tonight is a celebration of family. Sunday will be a family meal of everyone's favourites! I love reading all the posts here - keeps me sane! Thanks!

Sandy, glad things are working out. I bet you can hardly wait for mom to get home. That will be great for you. Your girls are to be commended for their hard work and love of family..All learned at mom's knee!:) I'm always happy to see you here.

kadesma

Sandyj,

I don't know you but I sure know what it's like to try and motivate an unmotivated child and my heart goes out to you. Our son BAAAAAAAAAAAAAARELY graduated from high school and it was the most agonizing, stressful time of our lives. The more responsibility that we
accepted for his work the less he did. Thank goodness your Jessica finally made it through this year and yes, it's a time for congratulations. Wish you all the best for next year.

PS--Our son is now 24 and really regrets the goofing off in high school-----however, he will finish up at the police academy at the end of August and job offers are already coming in for the prospective graduates. Pay's not great but the benefits are good. Once he graduates there will be partying, too.

Never lose faith no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom