Blackberry Cobbler Help, emergency!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I haven't made a blackberry cobbler in almost 20 years. I do know I like my Bisquick topping, which I finally remembered was the short-cake recipe on the back (or side) of the box.

Besides sugar, is there anything else I need to add to the blackberries? Like flour or cornstarch?

What do you think about a dash of my Cinnamon Plus? (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, grated orange peel, ginger and cloves)

Is there any kind of liquor one might want to add? Maybe a shot of brandy?

I need to do this tonight, so help, please!

Constance said:
I haven't made a blackberry cobbler in almost 20 years. I do know I like my Bisquick topping, which I finally remembered was the short-cake recipe on the back (or side) of the box.

Besides sugar, is there anything else I need to add to the blackberries? Like flour or cornstarch?

What do you think about a dash of my Cinnamon Plus? (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, grated orange peel, ginger and cloves)

I need to do this tonight, so help, please!
Connie, I'm not much of a baker, but I do think I'd add some cornstarch with the berries so I don't have too much juice ..I remember my grandma, always but always not matter what the filling tossed it with a little lemon and sugar, then just before she put on the top she would dot the whole thing with pea sized pieces of butter.. Hope this helps, like I said I'm not much of a baker.

kadesma:LOL:

Constance said:
Thanks, Kadesma...that sounds right to me, too. Wish me luck!
Good luck friend:) Heck you don't need that, you're a whiz in that kitchen:)

kadesma

Howdy, I do a lot of baking (prolly cause i specialize in pastry lol)

if it was apples etc id say no to cornstarch.. but berries have a lot of liquid so much in fact that unless im doing it in indv dishes i cook my filling

blackberry
Sugar
lemon juice
Cornstarch

cook until a semi thick consistancy like a spread

I dont add any cinn. etc it doesnt really go with blackberry but add it into the topping it will taste nice! also alil brown sugar with the bisquick mmmm

But.. if your going to be making more of a batter with the bisquick i would just pour the berries and sugar in a pan*no starch* and pour the batter on top and bake :) everyone has a different way of making cobbler.. some make it like a crumble!

Constance said:

I need to do this tonight, so help, please![/qu

my 1st time to post. just type bisquik blackberry cobbler in a search engine.

you'll find more cobbler recipes than you can use.
good luck

I made a peach and blueberry cobbler yesterday and it could have used some cornstarch. It turned out well, but was a bit juicier than I wanted. Of course the vanilla ice cream was great on it.

Back
Top Bottom