Would you see this movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you like to see the movie World Trade Center?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amber

Executive Chef
I noticed alot of advertising for this movie, which starts in theatre's August 9 I think.

So my question is, would you like to see the movie "World Trade Center" ?

No because I know this really happened and I can't watch human suffering. When all of this was right there, live and direct in our faces, we saw in our minds eye the horror these people went thru. I don't need to see it in my face again. Let these people rest, in peace.

I do not expect I will be able to watch anything like this for another 20 or 30 years or so.

I voted undecided, because that best defines my position. I can see arguments on both sides.

Interestingly enough, they are offering free admission to all emergency personnel and first responders (of which I qualify). That doesn't mean I'll go though . . . .

I'm not sure. I don't know if I can watch a re-enactment of what happened.
Going through it once was bad enough.

I watched it happen..

Saw it, as it happened, and then, from home, saw the smoke to the right , in the sky, for days. Listened to the sirens for 48 hours passing my home, as they turned Giant's Stadium into a pseudo morgue/staging area. Spoke on a cell phone as a friend was running down the South Tower stairway, assuring me he was alright.

Yes, I'd watch that movie because I find the enormity of that day awe inspiring. The events of that day changed the lives of more people in modern history than any other day. The world changed that day, and if you watch, you can see it happen. Nicholas Cage, as an actor, is a decent guy, with pretty good ethics. He's picked his roles pretty carefully and based on that I'm going to believe (until otherwise shown) that the portrayal of this day is accurate.

I doubt I'll see the movie..We live far from that horror,but, I can remember how eerie the night sky was when no planes were allowed to fly, the quiet and how it made you stop and think of all those who were now in eternal silence..Then too, I feel making a profit from others pain and suffering is wrong.. Ah if only hate had no place in our world.

kadesma

Absolutely not.

I do not want to relive that experience again.

Will never forget it and it has changed my way of looking at the world.

Maybe if it was done as well as the movie " United 93"
I can't answer that for sure yet. I feel for the Familys of all of those people.
May we learn from the past so the future never repeats this kind of thing anywhere in the World.

We all are really the same, Give the next person you see a hug. :chef:

i thought united 93 was a good movie

I dont want to sound crude however....

DId any of you see Schindlers list.. I mean im not trying to compare the 2 well maybe i am. It was a terrific movie.

I think its important to see these movies and have them document historical moments (as long as they are very accurate unlike titanic - dont get me started on that one) Good and bad moments need to be documented

my point is. if you saw schindlers list (thousands and hundreads) of jewish people suffer then why wouldnt you see this movie?

The difference for me Jen is that 9/11 is still too fresh in my memory. It is simply too soon for me to go through the horror of that day again.

I do agree with you though that it is important that movies like this are made. Things like this need to be documented so that future generations know what happened and so that nothing like this ever happens again.

Jen, I saw Flight 93 also... it was a good movie but for me that was enough. I know what happened on 9-11. I felt it again when I saw 93.
I don't want to feel it again.

I've been to Dachau.. I saw the movies and read the
info and felt the pain. I won't be going there again either.

It's important to know what happened, I agree with that
but once you know YOU WON'T be able to forget so.. why see it again?

I understand its fresh dont get me wrong. however those of the the days of schindlers list probably think it was "too soon" for a movie like that as well. BUT

I think a lot can be learned from an educational movie like that. As a canadian i remember going down to make sandwichs for fire crew etc. The owner of the golf club i was at packed us all up and took us to help!

Not everyone got to see what I saw. and No offence to everyone here.. UNless you were there first hand you cant picture nor imagine the sites that are permenatly burned in my head. I think a movie like this can really show those what happend what went on (heck i dont think ANYONE truly knows what went on)

You know terror like this goes on in the world everyday ok maybe buildings arent hit but different types of terror with higher death rates then 911 (look at lebanon at the moment) and world hunger and Iraq etc. Maybe if we had more education on these things it wouldnt happen as much? Its like when you get caught for drunk driving and your shown those videos of people in accidents and usually it scares you sober!

Anyway im just saying Yes i would go see this movie!

Chef_Jen said:
I understand its fresh dont get me wrong. however those of the the days of schindlers list probably think it was "too soon" for a movie like that as well. BUT
I have relatives that were in the concentration camps and others that were not, but who lived during that horrible period. None of them (as far as I know) went to see Schindlers list.

I did see it and thought it was a very powerful movie, but had I been alive while it was happening for real I do not know if I would have been able to watch it.

yes its not to everyones taste... My family are german they all went to see it it was hard for them too..

and i have friends whos familys were effected and some went some didnt...

Im sure it will be the same with this movie.

Back
Top Bottom