How do I make Chocolate Cookie bars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcmillin63

Assistant Cook
How do I make Chocolate Cookie bars using Duncan Hines® Family Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix?

It does not have the recipie on the box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry I can't help at the moment, but I'm sure one of our memeber will be along with help for you soon.

kadesma:)

Do you mean chocolate chip cookie bars?

When I make them I use my standard chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and spread the batter into a pan--either a jelly roll pan if I want them thin or a 9x13 pan if I want them thicker. I bake them at 350 until they're light golden across the top and set. I usually line the pan with parchment to keep them from sticking.

I've never done it from a mix before so am not sure of the size of the package but I'm assuming you'd do it in a similar fashion.

Good luck!

:clap: I agree. I think you'd probably just roll out the dough (or just spread it with a wooden spoon) into a jelly roll or cake pan.

PA Baker said:
Do you mean chocolate chip cookie bars?

When I make them I use my standard chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and spread the batter into a pan--either a jelly roll pan if I want them thin or a 9x13 pan if I want them thicker. I bake them at 350 until they're light golden across the top and set. I usually line the pan with parchment to keep them from sticking.

I've never done it from a mix before so am not sure of the size of the package but I'm assuming you'd do it in a similar fashion.

Good luck!
Thank you for your help.
Yes, I did mean Chocolate chip cookie bars.
How long do you think I should leave them in the oven if I am going to use a 9x13 pan?

One pack makes around 3 dozen cookies.

Thank you again.:chef:

Last edited:
mcmillin63 said:
How do I make Chocolate Cookie bars using Duncan Hines® Family Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix?

It does not have the recipie on the box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the people who helped me figure this out.

Here is what I found out.

You use one package of cookie mix and use the mixing instructions from the back of the box. You will want to spread it evenly in a 9x13 pan. Instead of preheating the oven to 375 degrees, you will need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You will want to leave it in the oven between 20 to 24 minutes and then you will want to let it cool. This makes a nice thin cookie bar.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom