Pasta Variations Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Here are some variations off the top of my head.

Spaghetti with a heavy beef/pork sausage bolognese sauce, with red wine, topped with chopped italian parsley and parmagiano reggiano

Penne served with marinated grilled chicken breast, sliced baby bellas, fresh roma tomatoes, fresh basil, lots of garlic,cracked pepper lots of olive oil, parmagiano reggiano on top

Rigatoni served with marinated slicked chicken breast, white wine butter sauce, sundried tomatoes, italian parsley, lots of garlic, pecorinio romano on top

farfalle with five cheeses. farfalle in a butter cream sauce with TONS of cracked pepper, minced garlic,Ricotta Cheese, Fontina Cheese, Italian Gorgonzola Cheese, Parmagiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano.

Please add your own so i can try some of them out!

I like lowfat dishes, but bring them all so our whole krew can ejoy.

Cheers

Linguine alla Caprese

This fresh tomato sauce can be made ahead and left at room temperature. Just before serving, cook the pasta and toss it with the sauce. It's a great warm-weather dish.

4 large ripe tomatoes, cored and seeded, cut into ½-inch dice
½ cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
3 scallions, thinly sliced
7 ounces ripe brie (rind removed) or fresh mozzarella, cut in small cubes
3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
1/3 cup olive oil
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
12 ounces linguine or spaghettini

1. Combine everything except pasta in a large serving bowl.

2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 11 minutes for linguini.

3. Drain well, add the pasta to the tomato sauce and toss well; season with salt.

Serves 6.

thank you fryboy, as for this thread, im aiming this thread to be a simple format using multiple noodles for different styles/sauces/toppings, rather a recipe list, but keep them coming

preferring lists like my first post, so i can get great ideas

ok legs, off the top of my head:

angel hair, tossed with a fresh tomato sauce of garlic and parsley, with clams, scallops, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and scungilli.

orrechiette, with hot turkey sausage, garlic, red pepper flakes, broccoli di rape, oregano, evoo, and shaved locatelli.

cavatelli, broccoli, whole roasted garlic cloves, fresh thyme, and evoo, topped with peccorino romano.

ziti with veal cubes, green bell peppers, and onions, topped with grated parm

linguini with clams, sweet onions, white wine, butter, parsley, and grated parm..

Back
Top Bottom