A little sampler of "La Musica Italiana"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
I have been participating in "What song are you listening to now?" thread from time to time, and it occured to me that most of you have no idea whatsoever about some of my entries, and it makes me feel bad a bit...
Since I came to Rome I discovered Italian Pop, and the more I get into it, the more I am liking them. I would like to introduce to some of the music fans who are interested, a little samples of "what's in" on the recent Italian charts, a few of my favourite tunes from this year so far, plus THE hit of this past summer. I hope you enjoy!!:cool:

The first Svegliarsi La Mattina by Zero Assoluto One of the most promising young bands found a winning format, irresistably cool mellow indie tune with a vague touch of hip-hop, for me, song of the year candidate:)

Nuvole e Lenzuola by Negramaro another new sensation among the scene, and they can rock. They were high in demand around music festivals this summer, I saw them in Rome too and their live performance was equally convincing.

Dimentica by RAF RAF's music is similar to that of Eros Ramazzotti, but I found his voice much more pleasant than the world famous entertainer. This is a lovely ballad.

Tanto by Jovanotti Jovanotti represents the Italian hiphop/rap with his style and attitude. Actually his musical talent extends to much more than that and it shines in many of his songs.

Vorrei Tu Fossi Mia by Pago Pago initially gained his fame as a cast in a musical reality show here, though I am usually not one to jump onto such jingles, this song has a infectuous charm, great sing-along tune.

Happy Hour by Ligabue Now this was the biggest hit of the summer (tormentone), it was used on Vodafone advert, and then it went everywhere. Maybe I would have liked it like everybody else if a singer with a little more pleasant voice sang it...

Wish you had been here this morning. I was playing your music when Ethan came running in, he stopped and said hi Ma and began to dance..He stayed while I played each of the songs you had on the link..I must say he looked so cute and seemed to just love the music...Oh yes I did too.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom