Dinner for Wed. Oct. 4, 06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some chipolte sauce that I need to use up so I am either going to do a fried catfish topped with sauce or some type of fajita.

I am having Aberdeen Angus steak minced into burgers and instead of burger buns serving them on large field mushrooms with onions with a salad and freash tomato gaarlic relish.

I'm doing Sandra Lee's Brisket off the TV food channel. I'm concerned about the temp she says to use for the oven and the amount of time...3 hours@375, then take out, pour bbq sauce all over and do another hour@350. I am doing this all in my Farberware electric skillet and @ 375, it's boilin away. The liquid in there is gonna be gone waaaaaaaay before the 3 hours is up. I'm allergic to beer so I replaced that ingredient with fizz h20. Also, I didn't have any dried seasoning packages of meatloaf flavor so I did a pkg chili and a pkg sweet/sour dry mix and mixed them together and rubbed it down with that. So, I guess in essence:ohmy: , I'm not doing Sandra Lee's recipe after all:LOL: I'm also making Paula's green beans with red new potato/bacon/onion/garlic in chix broth. Because although I was unimpressed with the Lady and Sons,:neutral: I did like those:punk: :clap: as they were on the buffet and I know my DH will like them a lot too.

what's with the temp/time thing? looks like it's an email addy or something:dry:

lulu, that sounds pretty neat! do you do anything to the mushrooms first? i would think they might crumble, or stick to your fingers a little.

tonight, i'm gonna make the cioppino/zuppa di pesce i mentioned yestersday. i picked up some squid, 16-20 count shrimp, and i have the snow crabs in the freezer.
finely diced shallots and onions will be sweated with garlic and herbs in evoo, a few chopped tomatoes will be tossed in, some finely diced peppers and celery, some white wine, a little tomato paste, and it will simmer for just a few. then the shellfish will be added: first the crab in shell, then the shrimp (cleaned but with shell still attached), then the squid. simmer for just a minute more, then take off the heat. the shells will be removed from the shrimp and crab, and depending on the thickness, i'll serve it with or over pasta, or with bread as a soup.

dw asked me to get some fish for her to cook last night, so i bought a pound of grey sole, of which she made it in a butter, lemon, and parsley sauce. it was deelish, but i didn't buy enough sole.

LEFSElover said:
I'm doing Sandra Lee's Brisket off the TV food channel. I'm concerned about the temp she says to use for the oven and the amount of time...3 hours@375, then take out, pour bbq sauce all over and do another hour@350. I am doing this all in my Farberware electric skillet and @ 375, it's boilin away. The liquid in there is gonna be gone waaaaaaaay before the 3 hours is up. I'm allergic to beer so I replaced that ingredient with fizz h20. Also, I didn't have any dried seasoning packages of meatloaf flavor so I did a pkg chili and a pkg sweet/sour dry mix and mixed them together and rubbed it down with that. So, I guess in essence:ohmy: , I'm not doing Sandra Lee's recipe after all:LOL: I'm also making Paula's green beans with red new potato/bacon/onion/garlic in chix broth. Because although I was unimpressed with the Lady and Sons,:neutral: I did like those:punk: :clap: as they were on the buffet and I know my DH will like them a lot too.

what's with the temp/time thing? looks like it's an email addy or something:dry:

Maybe because you are cooking it in your electric skillet the temp should be different? If it's boiling away I would turn it down. Just my thoughts anyway. Let me know how it turns out. I don't use my electric skillet near enough!

I'm going to "TRY" to do a brisket on the bbq.
Not sure what to make with it yet.

We're having Pork Stuffed Poblano Chilis with Walnut Cream Sauce.
wave.gif

CJS sent me the recipe.

PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angel:

John

We are having pork, chicken, shrimp, & veggie (cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, & fingerling potaotes that have been partialy boiled) kabobs tonight. The pork & chicken will be brushed with bbq sauce & the shrimp will be seasoned with lemon pepper. It's been such a pretty day today that I wanted fire up the grill tonight.

Thanks HB! It was kind of last minute because the kids & I normally go out for supper with my parents & then to church on Wed. nights. Hubby will be surprised when he gets home from work tonight!:)

we bicker. he wants a different dinner than me. jerk. he oughta learn my way of being.:LOL:
meatloaf was a compromise.

Last edited:
Dinner tonight is going to be Monte Cristo sandwiches. I think I'll toss together a salad or maybe heat up some soup. Its getting crisp out there!

Back
Top Bottom