What cooking magazines do you subscribe to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
What cooking magazines do you subscribe to?

Currently I get Cooking Light and Gourmet, I'm thinking about subscribing to Cooks Illustrated.

Cooks Illustrated and Bon Appetit. At the market I will occasionally buy Cuchina Italiana. BTW.....Do pick up a sub to Cooks Illustrated IMOHO it is hands down the best mag on the market for cooks.

Bon Appetit, Fine Cooking, and buy Cook's Illustrated usually at the store. Gave up on Gourmet 'cause it's getting to be more and more of a glitzy travel mag with occasional food.

My mother gave me a subscription to Taste of Home a few years ago and I have really enjoyed many recipes from there. I am definately adding a subscription to Cooks' Illustrated to my Christmas List after Otter's plugs during the brining quest.

I don't get any in the mail right now, but I'm thinking about it. A few years back I used to get one called "Cooking Light." You can go to the Kraft site too and get one sent to you for free, I forget what it's called.

Marmalady, I agree about Gourmet! I subscribed for the first time this year after buying issues that caught my eye on and off for a long time. When you read it month after month, it seems redundant and, as you said, seems to focus more on up-scale travel than recipies and cooking skills. I just finished reading a free issue of Cooks Illustrated I got in the mail and between that and reading everyone's posts, I'm definitely subscribing!

My favorite is Taste of Home - I've been a subscriber since their second issue. I've never made a recipe out of there that I didn't like!
Also quick cooking is good, but I like the other better. I get Gourmet, but like everyone else, it isn't my cup of tea. My son's magazine fundraiser ends tomorrow, so I guess I'd better put cook. ill. on my list!
Thanks for the heads up :)

Cook's Illustrated and Cuisine at Home. Both are a tat pricey due to no advertising, but it's worth it to me not having to wade through ads. Both really walk you through a recipe and explain why you are doing what you are doing. Both also have good kitchen tips.

My favorite is Fine Cooking. Although the latest issue was disappointing, most of them are excellent. I'm looking forward to the Holiday Baking Issue.

Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Cooking Light, Taste of Home is a yearly gift from a friend, Southern Living (still has good recipes), and thinking of adding Saveur, Food & Wine.

I got a few sample Cook's Illustrated and it just didn't appeal to me, I'm not sure why.

I buy Delicious (I finally made hollandaise sauce at the weekend thanks to the instructions, I was so happy!!!) BBC Good Food, and occasionally Australian Gourmet Traveller.

Back
Top Bottom