A tip for cooking with foil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
I tried this tonight and it worked great on some potatoes that I cooked on the BBQ. It really helped and I didn't have to watch the potatoes as close.
Enjoy! Debbie

Tip; To make your foil pouch for cooking, take two sheets of foil and sandwich a wet paper towel(s) depending on size of foil pouch being used between the two squares of foil. Place food on foil and fold foil into pouches. This will help even out the heat and prevent burning.
This tip came from the Boy Scouts of America.

I had someone ask me if the paper towels were still moist and intact after use and could they be used to wipe messy fingers or a table. I only checked one, but I don't see why not. I'm not sure what brand of paper towels I used, but it was a thick one so it held up great.

Last edited:
Another hint for veggies in foil on the grill is to cook them partially in the microwave oven. I do this with potatoes and onions. Get them at least very hot, maybe even partially cooked, then wrap in foil with olive oil, butter, or margarine, salt & pepper, then toss over the coals with your meat, and they will be ready when the meat is. Yummm yummm. You get the charcoal flavor but cut down on the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom