Cowboy Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
Cowboy Stew:

6 slices bacon
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
2 cans tomatoes
1 tsp. salt
1 T. chili powder
1 can whole kernel corn, draine
1 can kidney beans, undrained
2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup sliced onion
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook bacon until crisp, drain on a paper towel. Saute in bacon grease until tender- the onion and green pepper. Add hamburger and brown. Simmer 30 minutes with tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili powder. Add remaining vegetables and simmer 15 minutes. Sprinkle bacon over each serving.

Roxy Strikes Again!

Hi Roxy - this one looks right on for the change of season - I copied it off. Question - is there anyway you can just download all of your recipe file straight into my computer?:ermm: That way I can get organized - I have your recipes copied onto paper everywhere:rolleyes: to go into notebooks and I'm out of them. :) Help!:huh:

I have alot of recipes...sorry if I have repeated any..I don't mean to and I try and keep track of what I have posted..but.sometimes I goof up. I posted all I can for tonight..still sick but..went to the dr. today so am going to take my meds soon and go to bed. I have to get better...have a wedding to go to Saturday. See ya all tomorrow...I post what I can and I am glad you like them. Take care

Roxy, I am a cowboy at heart, I think I will really enjoy your recipe. thanks for posting it. I will try it tomorrow. I hope you get well fast. because its a bummer being below par
at a wedding.

Hi, Roxy. This sounds great :) My problem is that for medical reasons, I can't eat high-fiber foods right now. Does anyone have ideas for low-fiber foods I could use to replace the corn and beans? TIA.

Roxy, hope you're well enough to enjoy the wedding.

Last edited:
My father has a version of "cowboy stew" that he learned to make while in the Air Force stationed in Texas. His consists solely of bologna, potatoes and ketchup all simmered together. Yours sounds much better!

Back
Top Bottom