Fresh Grape Leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russellkhan

Senior Cook
A friend asked me today if I wanted some fresh grape leaves. I said yes, but don't know really what to do with them. I've never cooked with grape leaves before, so I'm looking for ideas. Dolmas are obvious, a good recipe for those would be welcome, but I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks,

Russ

Stuffed grape leaves is a traditional Greek/Middle Eastern specialty. Recipes will vary by region. Bassically a mixture of ground meat and rice with or without tomato and various spices.

There are actually two different versions of a stuffedd GL. One is a hot dish as described above and the second is a cold appetizer without the meat.

Thanks for the input guys. I had planned to check in when I got the leaves and let you know what I was doing with them, but my friend and I have been missing connections an it's starting to look like I might not get them. My friend had said that they were ready to use now at the time when she asked me if I wanted them (the day I posted) and they're probably not good anymore. Just thought I'd let you know.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom