ISO Crockpot BBQ Beef ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook
I am looking to make crockpot BBQ beef. Basically the way it is done here is by taking some sort of sliced roast beef and cooking it low and slow in a lot of BBQ sauce. I am thinking of using a whole scotch roast and not slicing it and doing more as a pulled bbq beef as with long cooking time it will fall apart any way. Any ideas on methods and or sauces to use. Right now I am thinking or using an out of the bottle honey bbq sauce but am not against making my own. Any suggestions guys on part of this dish.

When I do this with either pork or beef I dont add the BBq sauce until after I pull apart the meat and drain off any fat.... I just cook it the whole time with an onion, a couple smashed garlic cloves, a bay leaf. Maybe a little worchestershire, and a small splash of BBQ sauce, like a TB, at first. (We like Famous Dave's, KC Masterpiece or Bullseye). Then add BBQ sauce and bring back up to heat.
The last time I didn't add the BBQ sauce to the meat at all.... just let everyone add thier own on the bun to taste.

When I do this with either pork or beef I dont add the BBq sauce until after I pull apart the meat and drain off any fat.... I just cook it the whole time with an onion, a couple smashed garlic cloves, a bay leaf. Maybe a little worchestershire, and a small splash of BBQ sauce, like a TB, at first. (We like Famous Dave's, KC Masterpiece or Bullseye). Then add BBQ sauce and bring back up to heat.
The last time I didn't add the BBQ sauce to the meat at all.... just let everyone add thier own on the bun to taste.

Pretty much the same thing. I cut in 25% honey into bottled BBQ sauce. I personally like Bullseye better, but am able to get KC Materpiece really cheap and usually use that. Best part is you can mix four spoonfuls of sauce and one of honey and see if you like it. If it's too sweet, reduce the amount of honey.

Same thing here, when we do it in the crock pot its broth, herbs and spice, etc. Then we either drain it, pull it apart and add BBQ (KC Masterpiece) sauce; or drain it, pull it apart, add some of the broth back in and let them put the BBQ sauce on themselves.
I like to try different things as I go along, last time it was beef broth, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, smoke flavoring, black pepper, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, meat tenderizing salt, cayenne pepper, and some chili pepper (gotta have some kick).

I turn it into Italian beef or beef'n noodles.

For Italian beef, put 1 or 2 packets of dry Italian dressing mix and a can of beer, cook low and slow. When it is falling apart, spoon onto rolls and serve with pepperoncini.

For beef'n noodles, season beef chunks generously with S&P only and add half beef broth/half water to about 1" above the meat. When meat is very tender, turn heat up on crock pot and add uncooked noodles. Don't worry about having a lot of liquid in the pot as you would if you boiled the noodles. They just need a generous amount of juice, which they will soak up as they cook. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. I know this doesn't sound like it has enough seasoning, but the dish does not need anything else.
Serve with crusty bread to soak up juice. It's also good with cornbread.

You can also make a tasty pot roast and vegetables: put a chuck roast in the pot with a packet of dry onion soup mix and 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and about half of can of water. Once it gets to cooking good, add chunked carrots;when meat is starting to get tender, and frozen Brussels sprouts. You can also add fresh or canned mushrooms at this point. The meat juices combine with the soups to make a tasty gravy.

Back
Top Bottom