Thick Crust Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I have always made regular pizza crust (thin to medium ) We have a local resturant that makes the best thick crust pizza (to die for) So when we want thick we order it there. He has retired and we miss thick crust pizza once and awhile. So after all that I have purchased a thick crust pizza pan that he used. Anyone have any hints on making thick crust pizza.

just another note: His edges would be slightly burnt and cheese on the edge also. Not alot but enough to realllllllly make it tasty.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to ALL

This month's, Feb. 2010 issue of "Cook's Illustrated" features Chicago Pizza - just the kind you are probably looking for.

I prebake the crusts a bit.

That must be the secret. My thick crust pizza never cooks all the way through, except once, when I did it on the grill, in a heavy, cast iron pan, over a solid bed of hot charcoal. That one came out great. I will have to try prebaking the crust. Thanks Wyogal. There are two foods that I have trouble with, and shouldn't; thick crust pizza, and bread stuffing. The pizza toppings are great. I'm hoping that your tip will make my crust great too. Now I just have to figure out how to get the herbs just right in my stuffing. I'm always either too strong or not strong enough. (heavy, heavy sigh:LOL:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

not real thick like a chicago maybe an 1-1/2 thick
Did receive good new those this week, he is opening back up.
I guess he didn't retirement. Can wait. Will have to study his pizza more when we get it. Thank you everyone for your help - Happy Holidays

Back
Top Bottom