Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Candies and Chocolates (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Death By Chocolate! Name your Poison :) (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f44/death-by-chocolate-name-your-poison-73823.html)

Snip 13 07-26-2011 01:50 PM

Death By Chocolate! Name your Poison :)

Whether is dark and dreamy, smooth and creamy, sweet and smooth or just plain and pure we all love some kind of chocolate!
Name your poison :)
A favourite or many favourites. Ways you enjoy them just bring it!

I would have to put Lindt Intense Orange first on my list. The bitter sweet smooth as silk chocolate with a burst of Citrus just floats my boat.

If it's a whole box I'm after I would choose Cote D'Or Pralines. Any kind, nior, blanc or Noisettes. Just love them all! Or a nice big box of Anthon Berg Liqueur Chocolate Bottles. Yum Yum!
When I just want cheap and cheerful I will Go for Aero (just love those tiny bubbles) or a simple Twix bar.

Love a mug of white hot chocolate infused with warm spices and spiked with a bit of whiskey on a cold night or Creamy whole hazelnut chocolate sauce over a scoop of pure vanilla ice cream in summer!

Selkie 07-26-2011 02:32 PM

Dark Chocolate Truffles!!!

Dark chocolate covered nougat!

Zhizara 07-26-2011 02:36 PM

Last month I found a powdered hot chocolate mix that had peppermint stick chips mixed in.

It's supposed to be made with water, but I made it with some extra half and half.

I also love a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.

merstar 07-26-2011 05:24 PM

Santander 70% bar chocolate (Columbia)
El Rey Apamate 73% bar chocolate (Venezuela)
Dove milk chocolate
Homemade bittersweet chocolate truffles
Homemade dark hot fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream and coffee/espresso ice cream.
Homemade bittersweet chocolate ice cream

DMerry 07-26-2011 05:32 PM

They're a bit hard to find these days, but my favorite is dark chocolate lemon creams.

Dawgluver 07-26-2011 10:24 PM

Lindt hands down! Dang they are good! Ran into a store in a mall in NJ, (free samples), got some at Costco in Chicago, got an assortment, gave some away as gifts and stocking stuffers, and snarfed down the rest. Have been going through Lindt withdrawals since November.

Snip 13 07-26-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgluver (Post 1029480)
Lindt hands down! Dang they are good! Ran into a store in a mall in NJ, (free samples), got some at Costco in Chicago, got an assortment, gave some away as gifts and stocking stuffers, and snarfed down the rest. Have been going through Lindt withdrawals since November.

Agreed! Smooth and silky yum yum!

Love the intense orange and the Lindt Pistachio with it's creamy praline and little green gem inside lol!

chopper 07-26-2011 10:42 PM

I go for anything dark chocolate!!

Snip 13 07-26-2011 10:46 PM

I forgot one :(
Love After Eight Dinner Mints too! Yum YumYum!!!!!!!

PrincessFiona60 07-26-2011 10:57 PM

The chocolate I love the most is the last one I ate...and until I find the next...