ISO vacuum cleaner advice/feedback....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clair, I used to have an Electrolux that used bags. The reason I like bagless more is that it is one less thing to buy and worry about having in stock at home. I can think of a few times when I either could not find the bags I needed at the store or thought I had some when I was actually out.

I know what you mean about having to open the bagless ones outside. That is what I do with my Dyson and like you winter here can be horribly cold so going outside even for a few seconds can be a major deal. While my Dyson does let loose some dust when you empty it, I find it much less than other brands I have owned. I do take mine outside to open, but I do not think it would be a major issue if i opened it inside. A little dust would escape, but not much.

CWS, I am in total agreement with Roomba. When I bought my mom her first one, she told me, in tears, that it was the best present anyone ever got her. We are both now on our second Roombas. I find it isn't much of a time saver for me, as I love to watch the little critter! Not a replacement for a regular vac, but wonderful for in between, and for folks like Mom who don't have the strength to use a regular one.
That is exactly the reason I got my mom one--she uses a walker or cane. She can no longer handle a vacuum (mop, or broom). The cleaning lady comes 2x/month. In between, my mom fretted about how dirty the floors were (she has no idea how dirty floors can be--I could NEVER get by vacuuming 2x/month!). She didn't cry, but she did name it Hilda and it entertains her. It gives her something to do and also gives her a feeling of still being able to care for her house since she has lost the ability to do so much with her mobility issues combined with her dementia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom