Hallloooooo from the bayouuu ... !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veri Similitude

Assistant Cook
among the cows and cotton fields of alabama
While some may not consider Alabama the "bayou," I do. It has wild alligators, coyotes, armadillo roadkill and swamps. But it also has mountains, lakes, bird sanctuaries, amazing rivers and fabulous food. I am still exploring, after moving here about 6 months ago from the mountains of NC (where I still have a home and visit often).

I love to cook. My slant is what I call "scratch batch" cooking, mostly organic but indulgent in that Grandma's-cooking way that does not measure the butter or cream. No artificial ingredients here.

And I'm trying to expand my horizons, open up my repertoire --- and stay inspired to cook nearly everything that I eat.

That's why I scratch BATCH --- 48 eggrolls here, and a couple of quiches there and I occasionally get a weekend off to play---and it saves money. Which is key with organic groceries.

I am interested in everything --- recipes, techniques, equipment, resources, road food, photos, ideas for parties and cookouts, festivals, events. I am a big fan of the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution and have volunteered to be a food ambassador, but not sure if I'll be accepted or not.

So pleased to have found this site!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom