How to save my strawb cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soma

Senior Cook
Oh no!....I made up a batch of this fav old recipe for 'strawberry loaf cake' and put it into the oven over 30 mins ago.....but just noticed, in the small print at top of my hand-written recipe: "makes 2". How did I miss this???

It now sits in the oven, bulging but not yet overflowing its one large loaf pan....and I just know that the middle will be raw while the outer edges burn, in order to cook it long enough to cook the middle.

is there a 'hitting own head with pan' emoticon? Egads....:glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just an idea, don't know if it will work. Sheet pan with parchment. Turn the cake on its side and try to remove the loaf pan. If it works, it might finish with out too much over browning.

Thanks everyone. It's out of the oven now. I lowered heat to 325, cooked it for one hour and 20 minutes. It's good. I prefer a cake made with butter rather than oil, but I suppose it's better for us. I did use sunflower oil. But butter tastes so much better in a cake.

I have enough strawbs leftover to make another cake....may try a butter one with those, but not today.

Is anyone noticing that there are less minutes in an hour these days? Is it due to some planetary shift?...and also less hours in a day? It can't just be this old body getting slower and slooooowwwwwer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom