Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
My name is Catina but everyone calls me Cat. I am from Brasov, Romania. I am here to assist with my 94-year-old great aunt and attend to college at UNCA Asheville North Carolina.
I am a major of journalism and people and places and history interest me. I want to learn American cooking for my aunt, her name is Stela. She loves American dish but until I arrived she can only get it outside apartment in restaurants. She becomes frail and is very difficult now to get outside because of blindness and weak in body and legs.
I put to Google recipes and to get help and I saw this one and applied to membership. I am very pleased to be allowed. I received a message already which was kind.
I did read and understand all rules here. This is my first place of membership. I am studying hard and assisting Aunt Stela but I do not have the facebook which I understand it is popular.
My parents warned me about America that to take anything one must first give because of being foreign. I will share many of Romanian recipes if I could have some American to make aunt happy. I think is that understood that people share? I saw many nice things here.
I am not citizen yet. I am on student visa and next week I take a test and put my hand up to be USA citizen because I am now 21. I lose sleep because I am anxious to be one of you.
I wish all of you wellbeing. Thank you for membership here.
Sincerely,
Cat

39817-albums371-picture5611.jpg

Welcome to DC! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Lots of friendly people here with great recipes and advice.

Looking forward to your recipes too!

Hi Cat. Great to have you on board! I can't share any American recipes with you as I am British, but I very much look forward to seeing some Romanian recipes to try!

And good luck with your citizenship test! :lucky:

Thank you for the welcomes messages. I will put up recipes and I hope they are liked.
Sincerely,
Cat

Welcome to Dc Cat. And a big welcome to America. We are so glad to have you as a citizen. When you get sworn, don't be surprised if you see a lot of tears. I have been to a few ceremonies and certainly tears came to my eyes also each time. My first husband was a citizen of Northern England. When he became a citizen, he was given, along with all those being sworn in, a small American flag. His oldest son still has it. Hopefully you will be sworn in before our next election. I live in a city full in immigrant families. And being able to cast that first vote was really a big event for them. Something we Americans take for granted.

Welcome to DC and to America. :angel:

Thank you all and thank you Addie. I go to next Wednesday to take the test and if I pass it I go then to put my hand up. I do cry about it already. I am extremely excited and anxious. Aunt Stela said to me she cried when she became the citizen of the USA in 1951.
I have studied hard for this special privilege and voting is something special for me in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you will not believe of this, but it is the truth. My test was 100% correct! I am now an American. I am very happy and I did have tears in my eyes. My aunt Stela took me a treat to a meal at a place it is Olive Garden. Such good food was there.
I only wish my mother and father attended. But we called to them and they were proud and it was said that I did well.
Cat

That's wonderful news, Cat! Wow, 100%! I wonder how many of us who were born here would do as well.

Congrats, citizen!!!

(And I like Olive Garden too)

Last edited:
Hi Cat and welcome to DC! Very touching that you are taking care of aunt Stella. I look forward to the recipes you'd like to share. Congrats on your perfect score to be the perfect American (I am US citizen)! Obama should send you a Tweet/email!

Last edited:
Congratulations Cat. There are a lot of Natural Born Americans that couldn't pass that test. We need 100% Americans like you. Welcome to our country. And you are now an official member of DC. We have shortened your name and given you a nickname. Cat! :angel:

Last edited:
Hi Cat and Aunt Stela! So happy to have you here, and so excited that you did so well and are a citizen. :)

Congratulations Cat. There are a lot of Natural Born Americans that couldn't pass that test. We need 100% Americans like you. Welcome to our country. And you are now an official member of DC. We have shortened your name and given you a nickname. Cat! :angel:

Thank you for your kind message. I do like Cat. I have 2.
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom