It's Saturday night! What's on your plate 12-11-15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Porcini crusted filet mignon with herb butter, bakers, and sauteed spinach.

Last edited:
Oh wow Med, I have two bacon wrapped filet mignon in the freezer I was just now thinking about. How do you porcini crust them? I have lots of dried porcini.
It was an epicurious recipe. S and P, then cover with the porcini powder and pat down to crust. Use the herb butter to cook in pan and for garnish. Butter called for raw garlic, which i will NOT do next time, either use roasted or cooked in some oil and drained. I also subbed thyme for tarragon because I don't like it. Can't copy and paste link on my tablet but it's easy enough to google.

Thanks Med. I think I'll still do them bacon wrapped, and see if the porcini crust still works. I'm with you, I detest the flavor of tarragon.

Oh boy, we'll have some fine meals tonight. :chef:

Tonight I didn't feel like cooking so I dug around and settled on garlic hummus with fresh veggies and a piece of pita bread I toasted.

I had a 2-egg ham, asparagus, bell pepper and cheese omelet, and a slice of toasted whole wheat. Oh, and a couple of mandarin oranges.

(....psssst....today is the 12th :))

On the other "What's for dinner?" thread I stated I was making chili verde. Sadly, I fell asleep for way too long an chili verde is no longer an option.

SO and I scrambled around and found miscellaneous food scraps to satisfy our hunger.

Whoops, I didn't see that there was an earlier 'what's for dinner' thread started. Sorry. :wacko:

I made teriyaki beef and a sort of Chinese stir fry. Served it with brown basmati rice.

I used a recipe for the teriyaki sauce that I found here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/psychic-teriyaki-chicken-5118.html#post52229. I put a bit less than half the sugar and had to add more corn starch dissolved in water at the end. I think "1/2 t" should have been "1/2 tblsp". It was really good. Stirling said it was the best teriyaki sauce he had tasted, because it wasn't too sweet. I really liked it too. Other times that I have made teriyaki, I have marinated the meat. I like this better. Meat that is marinated doesn't brown as easily and the sugar burns easily. Next time I will double the ginger.

No problem Cheryl, actually I thought the other one was just about football. :LOL:

Nothing better than more food talk.

Me too, I didn't even look at it since I'm not into football. Sorry for starting another thread.

When I start a dinner thread, I always go to the "Today's Menu" forum, then double-check after creating my post to make sure no one else (Cheryl) was starting a dinner thread too! Cheryl and I have tag-teamed a few dinner threads in our time. :LOL:

Maybe a Mod could merge this thread with the other "Army-Navy" dinner thread?

When I start a dinner thread, I always go to the "Today's Menu" forum, then double-check after creating my post to make sure no one else (Cheryl) was starting a dinner thread too! Cheryl and I have tag-teamed a few dinner threads in our time. :LOL:

Maybe a Mod could merge this thread with the other "Army-Navy" dinner thread?

I did check, saw the Army-Navy game title and thought it was about football.

Back
Top Bottom