Auto-correct wars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Android phone doesn't do autocorrect. It does have predictive typing. First try I got:

I have a great day and I will be in the morning and I will be in the morning and

I have played this before, so I know that at that point it will just go into a loop repeating itself endlessly. So, I tried doing it with the choice on the right and got:

Hi all I'm trying the morning to get back with a few months back I

Then I tried with the one on the left:

The only one that I can get the best way for you and I am a bit more than one

Not nearly as funny as the one I have seen a meme for, "Damn you autocorrect. I'm tired of your shirt."

I've been arguing with MacHeads for over 20 years. Anything an iPhone can do an Android can do better :-p
A recent new version of iPhone got predictive typing. Yeah, Android has had that for years. I much prefer predictive typing to auto-cucumber.

A friend of mine just got a new phone. She said the thing she hates about getting a new phone is that she has to teach it to swear. Another friend replied that she wished her phone would figure out that she almost never writes anything about ducks. :LOL:

:LOL: Taxy!

I recently got a new Galaxy S7 and am still fiddling with it as far as predictive text, and finding out what else it does. I never was app crazy with my last one, and my daughter keeps telling me to play around with it, so I am. :) I like the fingerprint unlock feature rather than having to type in a code every time, and it takes great pics. :)

I text more than I talk, mainly because I communicate most often with my daughters and I never know if they're able to talk or not at the moment, because of work and the kids.

I have no idea what version he has. I did tech support for years at work, so I have an aversion to doing it at home ;) I tell him to ask his friends who use Apple products for help with it.

I have used Apple products over the years for work and at school (Communication Design class used Mac computers) and I dislike it. I don't think it's just about being used to it. Sometimes, the way certain software works is more intuitive and sometimes features I'm used to using are not available. At that time, for example, Macs had no right mouse button for a context menu, so getting to frequently used tools or options was more difficult.

I'm giving up on the game. Sigh.

I'm no big Apple fan. But I find the Iphone to be very easy to use. Plus now that the 6 has the big screen, I think its the best phone on the market today.
I have heard some negative comments on the new Iphone 7. I felt like an idiot buying the two new Iphone 6's when the 7's were coming out in just a few weeks. But I had to do something as my phone was shot.

:LOL: Taxy!

I recently got a new Galaxy S7 and am still fiddling with it as far as predictive text, and finding out what else it does. I never was app crazy with my last one, and my daughter keeps telling me to play around with it, so I am. :) I like the fingerprint unlock feature rather than having to type in a code every time, and it takes great pics. :)

I text more than I talk, mainly because I communicate most often with my daughters and I never know if they're able to talk or not at the moment, because of work and the kids.

You do have the Galaxy Note 7?
They are recalling all of them for battery issues.
They are warning all customers to stop using them, to turn them off and return them for a full refund.
Thats how bad and how big a deal this is. Imagine all those Galaxy 7 Note phones that were sold. Samsung has a serious issue and so do the people that have them.
Please check this out! Be safe Cheryl. Be careful and do not put that thing on charge unless you can stay with it. Keep an eye on it.

Let us know how this works out.

My Android phone doesn't do autocorrect. It does have predictive typing.

It can be set up to automatically use the center suggestion as the chosen word. I think some people don't look carefully to make sure it's what they want before going on to the next word, and then blame the machine by calling it auto-correct.

Not nearly as funny as the one I have seen a meme for, "Damn you autocorrect. I'm tired of your shirt."

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm no big Apple fan. But I find the Iphone to be very easy to use. Plus now that the 6 has the big screen, I think its the best phone on the market today.
I have heard some negative comments on the new Iphone 7. I felt like an idiot buying the two new Iphone 6's when the 7's were coming out in just a few weeks. But I had to do something as my phone was shot.

My new (actually refurbished) phone is a couple of years old. No way am I going to spend several hundred dollars on the latest thing.

You do have the Galaxy Note 7?
They are recalling all of them for battery issues.

The Galaxy S7 is different from the Galaxy Note 7. The S7 has no issues.

A friend of mine just got a new phone. She said the thing she hates about getting a new phone is that she has to teach it to swear. Another friend replied that she wished her phone would figure out that she almost never writes anything about ducks. :LOL:

This is one of many reasons why I bought the keyboard app I mentioned earlier. If you create an account, it will save your personal dictionary to their cloud service and will still be available when you get a new phone. www.swiftkey.com

It can be set up to automatically use the center suggestion as the chosen word. I think some people don't look carefully to make sure it's what they want before going on to the next word, and then blame the machine by calling it auto-correct.

:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I know I could do that, but I don't wanna. ;)

RB... no, I don't have the explosive Note 7 :ohmy:, I have the S7...they're different. Heard about that issue with the Notes, too....holy cow!

I don't have an auto-correct row to start a thread. Having an iPhone, there is a basic assumption I know how to begin a thought.:rolleyes:

Andy if you open the keyboard and hold the emoji icon a window will pop up and you can toggle the Predictive option on. Then a top row of predidictive suggestions and corrections will appear to choose from.

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 84
Here's another one that makes no sense:

The only use I use it to use it for my iPhone and iPad is also very very small but.

:LOL:

Last edited:

Oh my that gave me a nice giggle! :LOL: thank you

Does anyone have the beta transcriptions for voicemail messages? Some of those are hysterical!! One told me the person leaving the message was eating attorneys. lol I have no clue what it should have said because the person had an accent and it was a wrong number.

When I think it over, it is not that the auto-correct would substitute a word, it was the interruption to my train of thought for the message I was tapping.

By the time I looked at it, chose the correct word (middle one or not), found the correct button to change it, then start typing/tapping again, I could have finished the message and been well on my way thru the 2nd one.

If auto-correct came up for 3 or 4 words in the same message it was too bloody annoying!

img_1483862_0_f0dcbd70eb1818e56650f0273fceffe0.gif

That's the main reason I turn it off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom