Having a party on your plate today, Thurs, 11/16/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have various dabs of fresh vegetables that need to be used, along with the bean sprouts SC recently used in his Egg Foo Yung. We'll be having lo mein tonight, with the protein to be determined later.

Yes it is going to rain today/night.
Did you get the wind advisory warning to Ross?
It's really getting dark out already.Winds have kicked up.

Better get dinner done early.

Roasted chicken with sweet peppers
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Mixed veggies
parmesan bread..

well heck...

going to rain all afternoon/evening..

waffles and bacon seems like a good supper..

Ross
I have a secret. I hate buying appliances that don't fit in my kitchen, and I have a basement pantry too full of food to hold extra appliances. And a wood pantry stationed in the dining area to hold extra appliances, and there are basement shelves dedicated to appliances, and a microwave cabinet in the family room, to hold extra things from the kitchen, and a kitchen pantry full of food and no room for appliances and no counter space is ever left with most every food project. So I'm buying a waffle maker, as a gift to my DH because he likes waffles (and I don't). He won't be making them, I will be making them. I'm very excited for this gift for him (and he never reads here), so it will be a secret until Christmas. And bacon seems like the icing on the cake, I'll have to look around for some of the best bacon for him too. When people say that love makes you crazy, well, this is the perfect example of that.

I have a secret. I hate buying appliances that don't fit in my kitchen, and I have a basement pantry too full of food to hold extra appliances. And a wood pantry stationed in the dining area to hold extra appliances, and there are basement shelves dedicated to appliances, and a microwave cabinet in the family room, to hold extra things from the kitchen, and a kitchen pantry full of food and no room for appliances and no counter space is ever left with most every food project. So I'm buying a waffle maker, as a gift to my DH because he likes waffles (and I don't). He won't be making them, I will be making them. I'm very excited for this gift for him (and he never reads here), so it will be a secret until Christmas. And bacon seems like the icing on the cake, I'll have to look around for some of the best bacon for him too. When people say that love makes you crazy, well, this is the perfect example of that.

A lovely gift it will be... Just my thought but, I prefer the old fashioned round irons.. ( yes, we called them waffle irons ) Fond old memories, I suppose.. :)
Going back so many years, waffles and bacon have been one of my comfort foods..

Munky... The wind has been stronger than usual for our area.. Love the rain.. The wind, not so much...

Ross

Last edited:

We LOVE corn and bacon waffles! I make the batter with flour and cornmeal. I use whey or buttermilk for the liquid. Then add a can of drained corn kernels and crispy chopped bacon. So good and leftovers get frozen and toasted when needed.

It feels good (and smells good) to have the oven on. Pan of scalloped potatoes and oven roasted carrots. Pork chops in the fry pan.

I'm just going to make up some hand-food to watch the Steelers game. I have some Pork and Venison sausage to toss on the grill, and some stuffed jelepeños for the fryer. N/A beer to wash it down.

CD

Smoked pickled venison heart sandwiches, homemade veg soup. The venison hearts (I had 3, Mom and I ate one today... couldn't stop) turned out fantastic. Last of the apple pie for dessert.

Going to make a shrimp Alfredo in a few minutes. Green mixed salad with that...Some iced vodka shots first...lol....I work all weekend so can't cut loose for the next few days...:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 23718324_10155917257629993_1763340849_n.jpg
    23718324_10155917257629993_1763340849_n.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 105
We LOVE corn and bacon waffles! I make the batter with flour and cornmeal. I use whey or buttermilk for the liquid. Then add a can of drained corn kernels and crispy chopped bacon. So good and leftovers get frozen and toasted when needed.

Now those sound like great waffles MsM. Like Bliss, I don't have a waffle iron either because I normally don't like them. Do you use a topping for them, or maple syrup, or?

We ended up taking a trip to that little bar and grill we ate at a couple of days ago (Blue Dog). I had two shrimp tacos with fries. Himself had the same kind of shrimp as an appetizer - more shrimp, no fries. As planned, he ate most of my fries. We'll have our memories of that nice locals place as we hit the road for home Friday morning.

Going to make a shrimp Alfredo in a few minutes. Green mixed salad with that...Some iced vodka shots first...lol....I work all weekend so can't cut loose for the next few days...:mrgreen:

Back in the day, I kept a bottle of really expensive vodka in my freezer for special occasions with good friends. Some people "got it," and some didn't. It's a very subtle flavor.

CD

When we were in Savannah last week, we paid a visit to a distillery that currently makes vodka, but has barrels and barrels of Bourbon aging. I'm not one for a flavored whisky of any kind, but the glass I had of their Seville-infused vodka was so tasty :yum: we have a bottle riding with us in the trunk compartment.

did some flank steak in the crock pot with gravy that I made with onions, garlic, tomato paste and some thyme with Beef stock. Cook some shrooms at the last minute and added to it and served over egg noodles. Very good

Back
Top Bottom