2018 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheesecake

cheesecake_040118_IMG_3862.jpg

Meat Pie

meat_pie_040118_IMG_3867.jpg

Half size Dobos torte.

Attachments

• 2018-04-04 17.33.56.jpg
    2018-04-04 17.33.56.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 2018-04-06 18.53.59.jpg
    2018-04-06 18.53.59.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 145
Thanks all. It is delicious, very rich. It's really not that hard either. You make a sponge cake in a sheet pan, then cut it to make the layers. Haven't made one in years. I used to make it once a year for my birthday. It has crumbled almond lace cookies and brandy buttercream as the decorations.

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

My very first privately commissioned cake!

At our community's bake sale last month, two sisters asked if I could make a cake for their parents 50th Wedding Anniversary ... um :ermm::ohmy:;) ... sure, yeah, um, yeah, I can do that, I think :huh:

So their Mom contacted me the other day and asked if I make Carrot Cake.... I have I got a recipe that will blow your socks off, I said.

She wanted to taste it before deciding, and insisted upon paying for it.

Her daughters had taken home one of my Rum Cakes and she said that she loved it. That wouldn't be a feasible option for a party of 50+ folks.
She wants a 1/2 sheet for the guests (she thinks) and a stunner for the head table...
Um, sure.
So I made her a tester six inch single layer all pretty like.

BUT WAIT!
Yesterday, I got another request for a small Carrot Cake as a 55th Birthday Cake for this gal's husband ... sure I can make a 2 layer six inch cake, that should be fine for just two people.

Oh my gosh!! :stuart:

View attachment 29708

View attachment 29709

My very first privately commissioned cake!

At our community's bake sale last month, two sisters asked if I could make a cake for their parents 50th Wedding Anniversary ... um :ermm::ohmy:;) ... sure, yeah, um, yeah, I can do that, I think :huh:

So their Mom contacted me the other day and asked if I make Carrot Cake.... I have I got a recipe that will blow your socks off, I said.

She wanted to taste it before deciding, and insisted upon paying for it.

Her daughters had taken home one of my Rum Cakes and she said that she loved it. That wouldn't be a feasible option for a party of 50+ folks.
She wants a 1/2 sheet for the guests (she thinks) and a stunner for the head table...
Um, sure.
So I made her a tester six inch single layer all pretty like.

BUT WAIT!
Yesterday, I got another request for a small Carrot Cake as a 55th Birthday Cake for this gal's husband ... sure I can make a 2 layer six inch cake, that should be fine for just two people.

Oh my gosh!! :stuart:

Can you make me one for Friday...well just because it's Friday:pig:

Nice going, K-Girl. Before you know it we'll have to call you the Cake Boss. ;)

I baked a loaf of Country "White" bread today. Two of the three cups of flour were whole wheat, but they were Prairie Gold white whole wheat flour. I suppose that qualifies. :D

Nice going, K-Girl. Before you know it we'll have to call you the Cake Boss. ;)

I baked a loaf of Country "White" bread today. Two of the three cups of flour were whole wheat, but they were Prairie Gold white whole wheat flour. I suppose that qualifies. :D

Dunno `bout that one CG, I'm really not that good of a baker, I just play at it ;)

Now you on the other hand ... geez, I'm not good at bread, I wish I was, well maybe not then we'd be eating it all the time.
DH just had his annual visit for that old man's club, y'know the one --- and Doc told him he needed to bring his BMI down. As we're walking out DH asks me, "What did he say?" YOU NEED A HEARING AID!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
...I'm not good at bread, I wish I was...
It's easy when you let the bread machine do the big part of the job. All I do is take it out of the bread machine pan, pat its little bottom and knead it a couple of times, then shape it and plop it into the bread pan. When it peaks over the edge of the pan at me, I banish it to the oven, then let it back out when it looks well-behaved. :D

...As we're walking out DH asks me, "What did he say?" YOU NEED A HEARING AID!!!...
:LOL: OMG, I can SO relate to this!!! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom