A wonderful chicken recipe with balsamic vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done a few. My favorite is a simply marination of thighs in balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil and fresh rosemary for a few hours, then grill. Salt and pepper somewhere along the way too.

How much does it make? a cup? 1/2 a cup? or more.
think it depends on how much it makes. Recipes usually say how to store and how long it will last. Does this one?

i'm not sure if they mention it.
the page is very jumbpled like many other recipe websites
Wow, don't think I've ever seen a more annoying website! Far too many links and yes, can understand why you didn't find the instructions on how to keep it. Just too jumbled.
Gives the impression the person writing it is only interested in how many links she can gather for support.

Seeing to believe - you should really check out more websites when looking for something. I found 3 sites for basalmic vinegar glaze right away - and none of them were annoying. All actually were giving the same ingredient list, same instructions, same advice. So this is a very simple recipe with only 1 ingredient, all the rest being optional, and very simple instructions. Biggest investment is the original bottle of vinegar and time.

Really happy to see this thread. I bought some balsamic vinegar at Costco. I think it's imported from Italy and has the DOP stamp on it. Modena I think. And the bottle is Costco size! Probably a quart.
I bought it to have on hand and use a little here and there.
But I would like to find more uses for it. This chicken recipe sounds simple and tasty.
I agree. That website is horrid. I gave up on it right away.

How long does balsamic last? It's on my counter in a black bottle.

It's vinegar - will last for ages. Mine are in the cupboard, opened, one 3/4 full, other is less than 1/4. Both fine, more than 3 years old, a lot more than 3 years LOL.

The exception would be if there were other ingredients in it, you'd have to read the label.

2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil (plain or infused)
1-1/2 tablespoons honey
1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I like black cherry)
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme OR 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (OR LESS, to taste)
¼ teaspoon black pepper

Mix all of the above and then pour over a bunch of root veggies (or any veggies you wish to oven roast)...spread on sheet pan or cast-iron skillet...roast in oven until cooked to your taste (probably 400F for 45 minutes, give or take)...my favorite veggies and love to use this with yams, carrots, turnips, onions, etc...at Thanksgiving!

Because you still want to taste the vegetables. If they become soaked in the marinade you won't. You might as well just put lumps of bread in.
The idea is to roast the marinade onto the vegies via the oil, which holds it on the vegetables.

Ahhh, you were not clear. I thought you were referring to Ginny's post on a marinade for Roast Vegetable on the post just before yours.

If a marinade calls for the oil to be mix in with the rest of the ingredients then I would do as they say.
If you think your idea is worth it, try it and let us know.

i've tried it with an asian recipe of soy sauce and it was great.
i added the oil to the tray instead of to the marinade

maybe you can benefit from this idea too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom