About celery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love celery. Cooked, raw, etc. One item that always landed on our Thanksgiving table is what we called stuffed celery. Take a block of cream cheese, a bit of Miracle whip (like a tablespoon) and smoosh it until it is spreadable. Add in broken pecan pieces and work in as much pecan as you can. Put them on a tray and dust with leftover pecan pieces. Refrigerate until time to serve. My sister and I would have to wrestle each other for the last piece.
A very dear friend of mine (RIP), was a wonderful cook. Her sister, not so much. So, while my friend, her brother and their mother, slaved making a fantastic and memorable Thanksgiving meal and day, the sister always volunteered for appetizers. And she always brought the same "appetizer": Ants on a Log... :ROFLMAO: I wonder who enjoys the day more? ;)

When roasting a duck I'd make a rack of celery to put the duck on. First time was because I didn't have a rack and there after it was because it was absolutely delicious.

I eat it daily sliced up for extra crunch in my salads and use it in making soups.
I did that once with a turkey. My m-i-l didn't have a rack handy for some reason or other. We decided to put some carrots, onions, and celery at the bottom of the roasting pan, along with a bit of water to prevent the veg from burning. I figured it would make a tasty base for gravy and we could throw away the overcooked veg. Just for the heck of it, I tasted a piece of the celery. "We aren't throwing these out. They are yummy." And the gravy was really good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom